What was your first guitar?

• Thread starter Mattayus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheAceOfSpades1

Reaction score
My first guitar started falling apart the day I got it and I didn't even know how to read music or tab let alone even pick a string or fret a fret properly. It was a B.C. Rich Bronze Series Metal Master Warlock. Within a week I broke 3 strings, the strap button, the input, a tone knob, and 2 of my 3 picks. After about a week or two of randomly attempting to play it, I left it sit for about 10 months until I took some lessons. Shortly after that I got a new guitar lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Six6VI

Chief Rebel Angel
Reaction score
Seeing as I'm predominately a bass player I'll start there. I bought my first bass in 1990 with the money I got from my high school graduation. I bought a brand new, Japanese, Fender P-bass, blue w/ a white pickguard and a rosewood fretboard. At the time I didn't really know dick about anything but I figured that Steve Harris played a P-bass so I really couldn't go wrong. I traded it away a couple of years later on a Fender Jazz Plus 5 sting. To this day I kick myself for getting rid of my first bass.

My first guitar was an early 90s Ibanez X-series that my parents bought for one of my younger brothers. He played around on it for about two weeks and then it sat in his closet for a year or so. At which point I decided to liberate him from the guitar (or visa versa). I wrote some the very first songs I ever wrote on that thing. I still have it today though it's completely disassembled. A few years back I had a crazy idea to hot rod the thing. It didn't take me too long to realize that there was really no point in polishing a turd. However, I may someday get it back together for my daughter should she ever want to play guitar.

Lee

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I just remembered I used to own a 3/4 size classical guitar.
A friend of mine tuned it up 5 semi tones and it pulled the bridge off clean:(

Sroth Saraiel

BC Rich 7 Strings :)
Reaction score
A Jackson Performer Series Flying V!!!!!!

God I loved it!, I sold it in $80, last month after years I saw it and offered $300 for it to the guy and he said NO!!!!! I'm have to do something on that issue

anyways... since then.. I've never had a standard shape guitar, the hellraiser c8 is going to be my first "normal" guitar

')