What was your first jazz album?

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
If i remember correctly, i think it was Al Dimeola's "Elegant Gypsy". After that i haven't looked back. I think my tastes in jazz realy broadened after picking up the "Progressions 100 years of jazz guitar" cd set.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
If i remember correctly, i think it was Al Dimeola's "Elegant Gypsy". After that i haven't looked back. I think my tastes in jazz realy broadened after picking up the "Progressions 100 years of jazz guitar" cd set.

God, I was so tempted by that box!

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I had "where have I known you before" as well. I thought, and still think, that was one of the worst albums ever recorded. I still can't believe how such almighty talent could put out such unlistenable crap. Did you actually really like it, or did you just have it and listen to it?

LarksTongues

Reaction score
I had "where have I known you before" as well. I thought, and still think, that was one of the worst albums ever recorded. I still can't believe how such almighty talent could put out such unlistenable crap. Did you actually really like it, or did you just have it and listen to it?

I actually like it, but prefer Hymn of The Seventh Galaxy or Romantic Warrior over it.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
"Kind of Blue", when I was like 14. I bought "Bitches' Brew" the next week, and though, "man, this must be a different Miles Davis. All these jazz guys have the same names!" :lol:

I think Kind of Blue was my first CD, but it's kinda hazy because I had a lot of new CD's around that period, from Chet Baker, Louie Armstrong, and John Coltrane.

I've played jazz trumpet since I was in 5th grade, so about 20 years now. As far as guitarists go, I gravitate towards Sco the most. Big surprise, since he worked with Miles, who is my favorite trumpet player.

Latest posts