What would your signature equipment be if you could?

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Basically i was thinking if i could get endorsements and even signature gear, what would i get. So i was wondering what everyone here would want and get? This for fun, so have fun with it ..
Mine would be....

Guitar-EBMM JP7 but with maple fret board and roasted neck or rosewood neck and with my custom colors would be my signature guitar, with my signature Dimarzio Pickups,

Amp-Would be KSR/Rhodes signature model amp based on the gemini that i have, with signature KSR/Rhodes Cabs,

Fractal Audio, Dunlop, Ernie Ball, Dimarzio, ISP, Maxon, would all endorse me,

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

abeigor

Reaction score
LP Custom w/single hum @ bridge.
Reintroduce the Peavey VTM.
HM-2 clone with integrated OD808.
Ear plugs.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Gibson SG Standard w/ EMG Artdecade Signature Pickups
Orange AD-Terror Signature Head and Cabs
Maxon A-Decade Signature Drive Pedals
ADA Signature Flanger

And when I die, Dean Artdecade Signature everything. Guitars, mouse pads, phone covers, insulated beer sleeves, shirts, hoodies, etc.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
A 7-string Peavey Wolfgang with a EBMM Petrucci trem and roasted maple neck.

Also, a classy rosewood neck version for Saturday nights.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Ibanez sig based on the Destroyer. Primary differences would be a 25.5'' scale (and if allowed, optional 27'' scale version), Edge bridge, either a standard reverse Ibby headstock or an Iceman headstock, and a semi-satin blue finish similar to the Ibanez RBX775.

Probably a Marshall sig head based on a heavily tweaked JVM (I talked about this on another forum actually), and a cab based on the MF-series cabs loaded with Mesa-voiced V30s.

That, or a hybrid 3-channel Randall head based on the Century and T2.. Cab would be similar to the Marshall.

Seymour Duncan goodies. A tweaked 805 OD with a difference midrange voicing (or a mid sweep), and a pickup based on the Dimebucker with more mids and way less output (since I'm in love with my L500XL :wub:).

EDIT: Actually, the Darkstone would make a good sig as well. :agreed: And if Ibanez isn't an option, I'd say either the Schecter E1 (with the Avenger headstock) or a reverse Avenger, an ESP Phoenix with a reverse pointy headstock, or a Jackson Kelly based on the King Kelly without the cutaways and the reverse Jackson headstock, all with the same specs as previously mentioned but with Floyd Rose bridges.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be too picky and lacking talent for anyone to endorse me, probably.

I did used to dream about having my own gear:

A guitar called "Phoenix" - spruce body, spruce neck, carbon fiber cover on everything epoxied down tight, nine string, tuned low to high F# B E A D G B E A. Scale lengths 620-743 mm double e scale. Carbon fiberglass fretboard. Stainless frets (haha, as if). Full sized humbucker in the bridge position with SmCo magnets and a hot rhythm crunch and a more smooth sounding SC-sized humbucker in the neck position. Tons of extra frets. Minimal controls. Piezo pickup.

Same thing fretted into 19-EDO for that other project.

An amp that delivers three quality channels for cleans, chunky gain and also a tighter higain channel. Also a solo boost.

But it'll never happen.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Guitar: Strandberg 7 string, koa top, birdseye maple neck and fretboard. Some mid-to-hot Bareknuckles.

Amp: So hard to choose since "my" sound is a Carvin Legacy. Maybe I could have them modify a Legacy circuit with a few tweaks and put my name on it.

Pedals: Wah - I'd love to have my own Dunlop wah. Again, hard to say what I'd want done to make it unique in the line up, but dammit you've made it when you get a sig wah pedal.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
Guitars: Jackson sl2h-mah with reverse headstocks in both 6 and 7, trans purple loaded with d-sonic/lf pickups.

Amp: Mesa Recto amps and cabs

Effects: tc electronics and mxr

Other: tortex picks and d' addario strings

MattThePenguin

Reaction score
An RGA7 Ibanez, but in the PRS Smoked Orange finish with a baller ass quilted maple top, and then essentially the same specs as the JBM100 but with a 7 string DiMarzio Dominion set.

A PRS Archon head and cab with a built in gate for the front and the loop, reverb control for the clean channel, and the quilt wood on the front to match my guitar because why the hell not.

Seymour Duncan for the pedals, because their 805 OD is almost essential to my sound with that 3 band EQ.

DiMarzio pickups and I, in collaboration with Mark Morton from Lamb of God, would bring the Dominion pickups to the 7 string world, so I can stop whining about it on Twitter.

And D'addario strings cause those NYXLs sound so fiiiine

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
6/7/8 string in a mahogany body and bolty mable neck. Mable fretboard, flamed mable top with a simple blackburst on it. Sig duncans on it similar to a nazgul with a touch more brightness and less noise.

I'd take a simple axe-endorsement though, no need for a sig one,

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Guitar - Faded Blue Denim ESP Horizon NT-II with reverse headstock, 25.5", Maple board, No Inlays, Maple Neck, Extra Thin U, 12" radius, Swamp Ash body, Flamed Maple top.

Pickups - Nuclear Winters (BWs with some tweaks)

Amp - Orange Dual Dark 50 based with KT88s and full EQ controls on both channels.

Pedals - Just stock stuff SD805 (I love that thing), ISP Decimator....

Last edited:

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
My own Ampeg VH-140c with pastel/fr00t colored tolex

PRS Cu22
Solid color (also pastel/fr00t)
Moons
Wraparound
dimarzio titans or bkp coldsweat neck/ c-warpig bridge

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
I would want either a ESP or Daemoness endorsement. Matte black SV's, Horizons with no inlays. White binding. Or Valkenbyrds with the same setup. Bridge pickup only.

Some more old-school styled black winters would be dope as well. Slightly less compressed, more mids and grind.

Amp wise, give me an ENGL or Peavey endorsement. Wouldn't mind a 5150 or a Fireball. Love those sounds. Maybe some boutique pedal companies like Lone Wolf Pedals, and while we are at it D'Addario strings and Dunlop picks, because who wants to pay for strings when you're endorsed?

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Guitar (custom ESP Horizon) & Pickups (custom SD bridge)
completeGITWITS_zpsupgexsjn.jpg

Amp-wise: I can't imagine having a better idea for how an amp should sound than Mr Van Halen already does.
String-wise: Already endorsed by my favorite, Curt Mangan.

Last edited:

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I think I would go with my current setup as I'm very satisfied with it.

Guitar - Ibanez or Carvin

Amp - PRS Archon

Cab - something similar to Basson since they are now out of business.

Pedals - Strymon and Ibanez, maybe Earthquaker, but currently have any.

Strings - D'Addario

Cables - Mogami

Sumsar

Reaction score
Another one of those threads, anyway who am I to say no, so here we go :lol:

Guitar: Jackson Chris Broderick Signature (7 string), but with alder body instead of mahogony and seymour duncan distortions Or black winters (instead of the dimarzios). Probably in solid black with maple binding like one of the models that are now.

Amp: Haven't tried a ton of amps, would probably be either an ENGL or maybe the REVV generator 120, though I have never tried it (but it sounds great in demos).

Cab: I haven't tried enough different cabs to have an educated opinion on this.

Pedals: Some TS thing with a parametric mid boost (sweep, gain and Q) as well as a sweepable low cut.

Plectrum: Basicly like a Dunlop Tortex Sharp 1.35 only it should be indestructible.

EDIT: And for non-guitar things:

Tesla cars (I don't think any car company do signature models :lol:)

A signature dildo would probably also be in place if I where a rockstar, though I have no idea of the name of companies that make them. Ofc not for myself but for the fans (I am surprised I haven't seen Behemoth put out something like this yet, considering the ridicules amount of merchandise they try and push on fans).

Some great coffee company, because I drink a ton of that stuff and lately I have gotten a taste for the far to expensive kind of beans.

')