What would your signature equipment be if you could?

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Imagine this in a baritone scale with one more string, and that would be it...my Yamaha AES gas is strong lately. :lol:

343434343_zps0ufum2dk.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
Jackson custom shop 7 with the following specs:
26.5" scale
Neck through
Tung oil finished solid flame maple neck with wenge center stripes
Ebony fretboard with offset diamond abalone inlays
Reverse in-line neck tuners. (Not a hockey stick)
One Piece Swamp Ash Body
Black stained matte quilt burst finished w/abolone body binding
Matching headstock
Abolone logo
Ceramic warpigs (black cobers)
Single volume w/push-push coil tap and 3 way toggle
Floyd Rose locking system or Hipshot bridge options
Hipshot locking tuners.
Black harware

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
As a guitar:
ESP Horizon
- Jackson style headstock (like they used in the 80's)
- 24.75" scale
- 22 frets
- bolt on
- alder body
- Purple
- maple fretboard/neck
- black offset dot inlay, luminlay on the sides.
- Whatever the hell kinda pickups are in my '75 ibby LP right now, but potwaxed and with chrome aged covers.
- chrome pickup rings
- 2 vol, 3 way toggle switch
- String through TOM
- chrome hardware
- Dunlop straplocks.
- Also a version with 25.5" and a floyd.

Amp wise
- basically a Peavey VTM, but with basically a ProCo Rat built into it as a boost function. This foot/midi switchable.
- Cab based on a marshall 1960B with v30's and g12-t75's in a cross pattern.

Pedals:
- some really gnarly fuzz
- a Wah with a really wide sweep
- some delay thing.

Could probably do without the pedals though.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
Guitar:
44226454722264723.jpg

Take this same mirror faceplate idea, but make it that Double Cut Special with the P90's, and give it an ESP Eclipse neck. In fact, I'd love multiple versions with different mirror faceplates in different designs and colours.

Keyboards/Synths: (Yeah, shaking it up a little around here) Lots of Korg gear- Keytars, Kaoss pads, in fact, I'd love to get with Korg and have them make a bad-ass rack module with all the sounds, samples, and sequences I need to run, and all the processing power to handle a variety of MIDI controllers.

Amps: Modelers. ALL of the modelers. I will take up the banner of any company that's dedicated to testing, improving, and perfecting amp modelers, because I NEVER want to have to lug around a stack ever again. Fractal, Line 6, BOSS, if you can take tone and put it in a nice compact package with direct output, you have my support.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
GUITAR:

Probably Charvel or Jackson
Jazzmaster shape with CBS Strat headstock
Ash body
Bolt-on maple neck, medium/thick D profile, unfinished
24-fret maple fretboard
DiMarzio Steve's Special and Injector pickups
Non-recessed Floyd Rose trem, or a six-saddle hardtail would also be available
Volume, tone, push-button killswitch and 3-way toggle. No scratchplate
Available in a multitude of solid colours, the fr00tier the better:

- Black
- White
- Candy/Cobalt blue
- Metallic purple
- Bright solid green (eg Jackson's Slime Green)
- Bright solid orange (eg Jackson's October Pearl)
- Bright solid pink
- I'd want to borrow from Fender's colour chart too - Fiesta Red and Burgundy Mist Metallic, for example

AMP:

Mesa/Boogie
Probably based on a Mark series, but two channels, each with three modes
100 watt head, switchable down to 45 and 10
6L6s obviously
Knobs laid out in a line for each channel like on the 5:25 and 35, not in boxes like on the MkV
Two graphic EQs, switchable on/off and preset/sliders
Reverb for each channel
Tremolo with speed/intensity for channel 1
Clean channel voiced to be as Blackface Fender-like as possible, dirty channel would just be as Boogie-like as possible :lol:
Smallest footswitch possible - ideally stompbox-sized, with controls for channel and tremolo on/off. Possibly a third for EQ on/off if there was room.

I'd then do a little 6V6-powered 25-watt (switchable to 7.5 or thereabouts) 1x12 combo with the emphasis on portability. Still two channels but with only one EQ. Reverb and trem still present. Neodymium speaker and other weight-saving measures to keep it down below 20kg, ideally. Kind of inspired by my recent switch to using a Fender Deluxe Reverb live. Portable, great clean pedal platform, but with the handy addition of a sh*t-kicking lead channel which the Fender doesn't have.

PEDALS:

No idea. I like having a mixed board. Maybe I'd develop a signature overdrive and a signature fuzz, but I don't know who with. Maxon or MXR perhaps. Or Nobels... but then, they already make my favourite overdrive and I wouldn't change anything about it.

OTHER STUFF

I'd definitely want an endorsement from Elixir strings... I will not use anything else.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Come to think of it, endorsements wise... I'd just like to go to college, anyone want to endorse that? :lol:

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
Ibanez RGA 6 and 7 string with same specs: Gibralter Standard II bridge, BKP Coldsweats (black covers), single volume in tone position and 3 way toggle, Ebony board no inlay, matching reverse headstock, black hardware, Hipshot locking tuners

Mesa Straight 4x12s red tolex, metal grilles

Dunlop Jazz 3 tortex 1.14mm with little holes drilled all over for grip, in red

Mesa Boogie Mark IV rackmount with a few mods

6 string and 7 string Daddario sets

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Something like these, but built by not Halo; 25.5", 26.5" and 28" scales, all with Graphtech Ghost system and different control layouts. I don't know that I would have a signature amp, but something that's a blend of Uberschall, Ecstacy and a Fireball with Fender cleans :lol:.
TeleGas.PNG

JazzGas7.PNG

TeleGas8.PNG

ImBCRichBitch

Reaction score
Im picky. a custom BCR Villain. 25.75" scale, Neck through maple/walnut neck. Mahogany body wings. Quilted maple top. Ebonized rosewood fretboard. String Through. 6 in line head stock. Hipshot Tone-o-matic bridge. Grover tuners with the kidney bean keys (a must) Custom Seymour Duncan pups, a Custom Custom in the bridge and a custom alnico 2 59 in the neck. Single p/p volume for coil taps to outer coil. 3 way toggle. custom stomach carves and bevels inside the back of the lower cutaway. 24 SS frets, size varying from jumbo at the nut to medium at the 24th fret. Zero fret. 12-20" radius. SRV offset neck shape til the 7th fret, where it balances back out. And Purple burst paint and buzz feiten nut

Amp wise, i want Oranges, specifically a Rockerverb III with PPC412 cabs

Pedals: Custom EHX Small Clone style chorus with the depth permanently off (i use it as a flange) and Orange Bax Bangeetar and a Decimator 2 for my effects loop

Others: Rapco Horizon cables, D'addario strings, custom Dunlop Jazz III .50mm tortex in purple (scored like Dimebags for grip) . Coffin cases definitely.

Also, a custom 27.75" Warlock tuned to drop G#. White with black bevels. single bridge bucker. virtually same specs as the villain

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I'm the opposite of picky. I just want a 24 fret 7 string Gibson explorer with a custom finish. (Black and cobalt blue "rising sun" type deal. Had a warmoth like this but it was six strings and the neck too thin.)

As for amps, I adore blackstar with a burning passion. I'm not so sure I'd need anything specifically made though, as I just love their products in general. I love my ht studio 20, and wouldn't mind having a higher watted version if I were a touring musician.

For pedals, I'm minimalistic. Really, I'm not picky. Whoever wanted to give me a decent boost, reverb, and maybe a delay would be fine by me. Everything else is equally non-picky. Cables, strings, picks, etc I'm indifferent to.

broj15

Reaction score
Guitar:

Bring back the RG565 but make it a fixed bridge (Ibanez tight end). Colors would be either purple neon with a maple fretboard and matching inlays or trans black with a satin finish and ebony fretboard with white offset dots

Amp:

Something based off the 6505 but with less shrill highs

Pedals:

An extremely transparent and uncompressed overdrive. Think of an OCD on crack. For reverb I'd want something like a mr. black supermoon but instead of just having the "sway" knob you can control the rate and depth of the modulation.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
CoreysMonster Signature Fanny Packs, made by Dunlop

Also I guess a signature 7-string Silverburst guitar made by Ibanez.

Bearitone

Reaction score
A baritone Jazzmaster with an Evertune bridge

A new solidstate Orange head based off of the Dual Dark

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
As far as the guitar(s), I'd rather just build my own...so, dream realized!

As for the rest, I'd have two Vox AC15's (one blue, one green Celestion) on an ABY, and I'd be an absolute pedal whore.

I would have every pedal TC Electronic makes, about 3 different wah brands, and a really high end loop station. Also a few Wampler pedals, have you heard the Catapulp?? And an Angry Charlie, those are hot right now... and... and...

Also, I just found out Ian Thornley doesn't quad track his guitar sound in studio, and now I want whatever pedals he has. And a Suhr amp. Thanks, Ian.

P.S. I love Dimarzio pickups, but I wish they made a 7 string Humbucker from Hell, and I've never found a bridge pickup perfectly calibrated to match it. So get on that, Dimarzio.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
I would probably ask Washburn for a WM526 7 string with a fixed bridge. In a metallic purple akin to the aristides color. or a parker maxxfly 7 (rip parker :()

as for amp i would ask mesa for a Stiletto mini head. But i would probably be content with an axefx or any high end modeler tbh. Ive never been much for pedals besides a tuner, so i wouldn't know in that department.

MatthewK

Reaction score
Guitar: Some kind of fusion between a Les Paul Custom and Suhr Modern. Your guess is as good as mine on how that would work.

Pedal: A single Strymon pedal with modulation, delay, and reverb and since we're dreaming throw a strobe tuner in it.

Amp: I'm not picky enough to dream up much on this front. I love the Mark V 25, but I could see myself digging something with less of intensly focused sound, so... maybe a Mini Recto with cabclone (f the haters, cabclone is awesome).

')