What would your signature equipment be if you could?

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
An excellent guitar plugged into a tuner, delay, a wah and a responsive Hi-gain amp / preamp / modeller / etc.

guitarwise I think I'm almost there but every other piece is a work in progress. And that's the fun part. :D

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
So, I'm obsessed with my Edwards SG. But I've never heard of anyone with a ESP lawsuit gibson copy signature. But I've also never spent a lot of time playing a Gibson SG

I guess my sig would be a Navigator SG in black. With Seymour Duncan JB/'59

lol, it's the most boring sig guitar. It's the same as a production model.

OH. I know. No binding, no inlays. That would make it mine.

big_aug

Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

dimebagfan01

Crunch Berry
Reaction score
For a signature guitar, I'd want a Jackson King V with the following specs:
- 25.5" Scale
- 2 Vol/3-way Toggle
- H/S configuration
- Mahogany body/Maple neck through (oiled)
- 24 SS Jumbo frets
- Ebony fretboard with sharkfins
- Pearl inlay and 90s headstock logo
- Regular Jackson pointy headstock (matching the body color, probably)
- DiMarzio Dominion/Virtual Solo pickups (though I really want to try the Dave Davidson bridge)
- As for colors, I'd go for Sonic Blue, Tobacco Sunburst (with a flame top), and Desert Crackle. And if possible, a tie dye stain on a flame top would be sick.

As for amps, maybe just an original 5150 with a pristine clean channel and a little more balls on the lead channel. I'm pretty happy with everything I use pedal-wise, so I don't think I'd want any other signature gear.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Going to have to add an addendum to my Cu22, the crecent part of the moon/dot inlay would be color matched acrylic to the body :sharpie:

monkeysuncle

Reaction score
Guitar: Black Gibson SG with dot inlays and small pickguard. Either a Pearly Gates or Super Distortion in the bridge and whatever in the neck position.
Amp: Not like Fender would bring Sunn back from the dead and reissue the Beta Lead ... so I guess a medium gain 100w British voiced tube amp. Single channel, no fx loop, simple EQ, thats it.
Cab: Considering my love for The Melvins and 15" speakers, I guess I'd go with an oversized 2 12" x 1 15" cab. Eminence loaded.
Pedal: Some type of Muff with a mid control and a TS-9 in one box.
Cables: Ones that work
Picks: Ones I can't lose

Jaxcharvel

Reaction score
A 7 string Soloist, alder, maplet neck through. Maple board with ebony sharkfins. Flame maple top with satin trans black finish. Duncan Pegasus/Sentient, and a Floyd.

The amp would be what i've dreamed of for years.
A Fryette Deliverance with two identical, footswitchable channels with a good series fx loop, and dual master volumes that are footswitchable. I would kill many people for this amp.

Tegara

Surgical
Reaction score
A white 8 string Explorer, no inlays, strings 11-80, 29,4" scale. With no Edge III locking bridge. It's crap. Has to be something else, but a stable one.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I'd probably want a signature single-cut, multi-scale 8 string, either with or without headstock, with pickups that would most likely be voiced right from the DiMarzio Ionizers, unless something blows them out of the water (I'd need that middle single coil too, plez)

For an amp, probably a three channel, tube amp that's like a hot-rodded Marshall or something, that can handle good cleans, dirt, and even heavy distortion, with purple LEDs in it because I'm so cool. B)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I was dicking around in my files and found what my signature scheme would be if I went with the specs I had before.

f6c1375042624ea9b4c3d40abb5d7bc7.png

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I actually wasn't gonna use the Tele shape. I just used it as a base to show off the color/layout scheme.

But you're right, it looks really damn nice as a Tele. Toss on a reverse Jackson headstock and you got a winner. :D

EDIT: Did some minor tweaks and tried to photoshop on a Jackson headstock. Not a good job, but I love the end result.

122lt9i.png

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would be almost exactly like my '93 Parker Fly Deluxe.

Relevant specs:

• Galaxy Grey
  • 25.5" Scale
  • 24 Stainless Steel Frets
  • Poplar Body w/ Basswood Neck
  • Carbon Fiber FB and skin on back
  • Fishman Piezo
  • Bridge Tension Adjust through front
  • Tool-less Bridge Locker (important)
  • Sperzel Tuners w/ D-thing (also important)

Changes:

• 'Revised' Custom Dimarzios (less bright TZ/AN combo)
  • 'Revised' Metal Dome Knobs (w/ original control scheme)
  • Fishman Tripleplay (unit mounted internally)

DSC_0923.JPG

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
My current Tele as is:
image.jpg

It's an FSR Swirl Mex Standard (which has a satin finish on the back of the neck too), with upgraded tuners (Fender Locking) and nut, BKP Piledrivers, a smoke mirror pickguard, black volume/tone knobs and setup in Drop C.

Other than that I'd just get an endorsment from Orange and Ernie Ball :D

')