What you guys think of Mexican Coca Cola?

• Thread starter ilovefinnish
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how much easier it is to get the Mexican sodas now compared to only a few years ago? I remember back down in FL it was a rare treat found only at small grocers. Now, pretty much every place worth eating at and several larger chains are stocking them. I understood back in AZ with Walmart having it, but that's right on the border. The fact I can go grab a cheese steak and a Mexi-Coke in Milwaukee is nuts. :lol:

Now people are importing Mexican Fanta, Mexican Sprite, even Mexican Pepsi! It's now part of my routine to get a Mexican soda from the CVS by Rock n' Roll Ribs whenever Nicko McBrain is doing a party-type thing there.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Came across this today, found it interesting and relevant:

How Was the Top-Secret Coke Formula Determined to Be Kosher? | Mental Floss

If you don't want to click the link: The relevant information there is that during the period of Passover, when kosher guidelines are more strict than usual, Coke releases a special edition Coke that uses cane sugar, to avoid a conflict with Passover kosher guidelines and grain (corn) sugars. Looks like if you can't find Mexican coke near you, try to find Kosher Passover coke that time of year instead.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^ i saw that yesterday when i was googling where to buy Iron Beer, theres a few sites that still have some in stock but how exactly is it different from regular Dr. Pepper?

It's supposedly closer to the original formula, and it uses cane sugar (ie how Mexican Coke is to regular Coke). Apparently they weren't part of the DP/Snapple merger, but DP allowed them to keep making it until they tried to sell outside their designated territory (central Texas).

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ i saw that yesterday when i was googling where to buy Iron Beer, theres a few sites that still have some in stock but how exactly is it different from regular Dr. Pepper?

any particular stores?

I haven't seen it in stores as much as restaurants on the East Side.

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
+1 on Mexican Coke. Also Chilean Coke, which is probably nearly the same thing, made with real sugar and bottled in glass. When I moved to Vancouver, I noticed a huge difference in flavour and stopped drinking soda altogether for a number of years. Mexican Coke makes it all the way up to Washington State now, so I have one just about every time I cross the border. It's a nice treat.

Raaaaal13

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree on Mexican Coke being better. My family used to own a shop that sold Mexican goods like chips, candy, soda and all that sorta stuff. I LOVED the Mexican Coke. Now this thread has me missing Jarritos, Jumex, Rancheritos, and Pulparindo.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Mexican soda destoys us of america soda...

First time I tried it I was like "da fux?"

Thats how good it is

neoclassical

FENRISMAW
Reaction score
Petty obsessions. If this is heaven, how bad is he
The Mexican Coca-cola is definitely better. I'm fairly certain the Mexican coke is made with real sugar, whereas the USA version is made with high fructose corn syrup. All the Mexican cokes I've had have also been in glass bottles, which also makes it taste better to me for some reason.

This is true. Coke and all of the other sodas tasted so much better when I was a kid -before they were made with high fructose corn syrup and only available in plastic bottles.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Mexican Coke tastes much better, but depending on the batch, it would sometimes make me sick. I haven't had it in years, though, and these days I don't really drink soda unless I'm mixing it with liquor.

ilovefinnish

Reaction score
Mexican Coke tastes much better, but depending on the batch, it would sometimes make me sick. I haven't had it in years, though, and these days I don't really drink soda unless I'm mixing it with liquor.

Damn how you people quit on coke?? D:
I've tried but I can't think of anything else to drink with a pizza :shrug:

Prime

Crazy Robot Guy
Reaction score
MexicanCoke_zpsea1bde73.jpg

Prime

Crazy Robot Guy
Reaction score
"Drinking from a glass bottle, or any glass container, has a psychological effect that enhances our sense of flavor. But when used as packaging, glass bottles is the least likely to produce chemical reaction that alters the taste. “While packaging and food companies work to prevent any interactions, they can occur,” says Sara Risch, a food chemist and member of the Institute of Food Technologists. It’s possible for small amounts of acetaldehyde, material used in plastic bottles, to mix with soda and alter its flavor. Similarly, polymer lining in soda cans might absorb ingredients and alter flavor."

')