What's a great blues amp?

• Thread starter TheDraeg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

viesczy

Reaction score
I'd skip getting a whole new amp, grab either a Tech 21 Blonde or one of the Boss Fender Amp pedals. They'll get you 99% of the tone at 1% of the price. Just throw them in your loop and play, they really did a great job with those.

You know I completely forget about my Tech21 Trademark 300, that has some killer blues tones in it. Killer all tones in it truth be told.

Derek

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
The venerable Fender Blues Jr is great, as is the Hot Rod Deluxe, both easily obtainable under $500.

Other considerations are the Peavey Classic line. You can usually find a Classic 30 under $500 but they also have the new Classic 20 head coming out and that is right at $500. Benefits of that include a rocking attenuation circuit so you can actually crank the clean channel to get true blues grit at a reasonable volume.:yesway:

Peavey Classics are cool little amps. I had a Classic 20 combo back in the day. Strangely enough, it was 15 watts. I could crank it up to poweramp saturation at loud bedroom volumes, which was fun.

That thing would get HOT though. I hear its common with EL84 amps. I ran a fan a couple feet behind it to circulate air most of the time.

')