What's that one little piece of gear you can't live without?

• Thread starter kingpinMS3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
For many many years i've gone through all sorts of iterations of gear. I keep coming back to one standard piece of equipment.

the ART DST-x preamp/amp.

2010-01-17172222.jpg

I love the DST-4(or 80/80 in amp form) because it does an awesome rendition of the early dino tone. they're inexpensive because most people don't know what it is or how it sounds.

netmusicians.org - the guitar gear mp3 database

what's that one piece of gear where you get "your" sound from, or keep going back to because you just love it that much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CodyMTS

jun jun jun
Reaction score
2mm_2.jpg

No shit, not even exagerating one bit, I reckon this little fucker and my picking attack is where all my heaviness comes from. If I ever play with a pick that isnt one of these, all the balls just dissappear

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trems.

I've tried and owned dozens of fixed bridge guitars and I simply never get along with them. I don't know what it is, but I don't feel comfortable with fixed bridge guitars, at least not truly comfortable. I just don't sound like "me" when playing something with a fixed bridge.

Maybe it's all in my head, but until I convince myself otherwise, I'm going to be playing trems till the end. :lol:

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Waiting on someone to take a picture of their weiner.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Trems.

I've tried and owned dozens of fixed bridge guitars and I simply never get along with them. I don't know what it is, but I don't feel comfortable with fixed bridge guitars, at least not truly comfortable. I just don't sound like "me" when playing something with a fixed bridge.

Maybe it's all in my head, but until I convince myself otherwise, I'm going to be playing trems till the end. :lol:

I'm exactly the opposite. Fixed bridges are my bread and butter.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
TS7ovChaos. That and my WGS-loaded Peavey 412 are the only parts of.. my rig.. I havent.. sold since.. 2007.. WOW

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
My mesa standard recto cabs. I've had them for 13 years. They still deliver.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
ADA MP2.
Was lucky enough to find another one recently, and I4m likely to try to use it as a preamp with the axe fx for effects when I want to get the heavy AJFA tone which is likely what I like the most all things considered.

I think it's mostly due to the fact that I got used to it, being the first quality piece of equipment I owned in the 90es.

Latest posts

')