What's the average education level for metal heads? (Updated - Poll Inside)

• Thread starter Forresterc
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What's your education level?

• Grade School

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High School/GED

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Some College

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Associates/Trade School

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Bachelor's Degree

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Master's Degree

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Doctorate

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Luuk

Reaction score
Other people considered me intelligent, but I am in a lower educational level than I am supposed to be because I was too lazy to learn French in the first year on this school. I could easily do the highest level here but I am just too lazy.

Oww yeah, also doing Physics, Chemistry, Math and Engineering.
The level of education I am doing is called in dutch: Gemengde leerweg VMBO or VMBO-GT doing year 4 of 4 atm.

Makes sense to me. Even the last sentence :lol:

And for me. Finished my high school on the second highest level. We've got different levels of high school ranging from 4 to 6 year of school and different level of education. After that I did a lot of travelling and pre-courses. No fulltime studen (yet) but I could go to uni study whatever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
given the title of this thread wouldn't it have best been served as a poll? :lol:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Just like with any other taste in music, it's a spread.
I have a masters degree and a bunch of other IT and IP qualifications.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting conversation going on here, so I decided to attach a poll just to streamline the information a little bit.

zachardy01234

Reaction score
I'm working right now on a Bachelor's degree in religion and philosophy and have been published in a religious journal under a pen name. I listen to jazz, good hip-hop, funk, fusion, and of course metal (trash, groove, prog, djent, tech death, doom, and drone mostly). I plan on pursuing my doctorate in either religion or philosophy and am right now working on applications/interviewing at Cambridge, Vanderbilt, and Duke. I love aggressive music and never plan to change.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Interesting conversation going on here, so I decided to attach a poll just to streamline the information a little bit.

But is that poll "what's your education level?" or "what's the average level?"?

I'm answering for my own level. Got me a Bachelors and a Masters degree, whoop whoop.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I have a bachelors degree with honors, but this is not included on the poll. It should be since it's a higher award than a regular bachelors degree, likewise with masters with honors.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Associates in Computer Networking. Currently am doing IT work, but will probably change to a different career to keep life more interesting.

Been a metal head since I was 12 years old and don't look into stopping anytime soon.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But is that poll "what's your education level?" or "what's the average level?"?

I'm answering for my own level. Got me a Bachelors and a Masters degree, whoop whoop.

Yeah, you post your own highest level of education.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
I have a bachelors degree with honors, but this is not included on the poll. It should be since it's a higher award than a regular bachelors degree, likewise with masters with honors.

Not really. Just about every undergraduate course at UK universities is an honours course. Whether you get the honours or not depends on your final grade. So it's the same level of education, just different grades. Might be different elsewhere.

Edit: and you have to do catastrophically bad to not get an honours classification. Like, less than 40% bad. So BA (Hons) and a BA are pretty much indistinguishable. So long as you turned up to half your classes you will get an honours classification.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
Recently graduated from Uni with a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, with honours. Still looking for work sadly....

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
There's no option for incorrigible dullard so I declined to vote :)

(College (GIT) for Music and erm.....Catering >_< but could never determine which degree I would like to study for and therefore don't have one. This is a constant embarassment to me as I would like to think I'm more than capable of achieving the required standard....)

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
PhD in Law, St. Petersburg University, one of the 10 country's top M&A lawyers:wavey:

It surely makes difficult to find available time for songwriting but gives me an opportunity to have as many guitars as I want:yesway:

I am a proggy:lol:

Right on, brotha!

You deff. have a nice lawyer-style collection of axes there!

lava

Gelatinous
Reaction score
- Bachelors in Studio Art/Art Education
- Masters in Electrical Engineering
- Graduate Certificate (half a Masters) in Space Systems Engineering
- Halfway through a PhD in Photonics

I am also a "proggy".

Arterial

Dreamer
Reaction score
I've finished Year12 in Australia and thats it.

Dunno if im gonna do any further studying yet.

Edit: I am a "Prog/Tech Death Head"

Tones

Red paperclip trader
Reaction score
In my second year studying biology at William Paterson University of New Jersey. Then going on to physical therapy school to... well.. become a physical therapist!
I listen to everything, but mostly into listening and practicing technical metal.

Acatalepsy

Reaction score
Not really. Just about every undergraduate course at UK universities is an honours course. Whether you get the honours or not depends on your final grade. So it's the same level of education, just different grades. Might be different elsewhere.

Edit: and you have to do catastrophically bad to not get an honours classification. Like, less than 40% bad. So BA (Hons) and a BA are pretty much indistinguishable. So long as you turned up to half your classes you will get an honours classification.

At my University, you need to get 50% to get an honours degree. :scratch:

Reaction score
- Bachelors in Studio Art/Art Education
- Masters in Electrical Engineering
- Graduate Certificate (half a Masters) in Space Systems Engineering
- Halfway through a PhD in Photonics

I am also a "proggy".

I believe you win, sir.

')