What's the *best* Meshuggah guitar?

• Thread starter JDB123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
What's the *best*/your favorite Meshuggah guitar?
And why is it Marten's custom Ibanez single cut?

IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0862.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

METÖL

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The M80M/M8M are just the metallest metal machines in existence.
Don't know why they are getting into grandpa style guitars now, must be the age.

METÖL

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The ABM finetuner tailpiece is nice but I think that it should have a locking nut to really make sense and have top tuning stability.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The M80M/M8M are just the metallest metal machines in existence.
Don't know why they are getting into grandpa style guitars now, must be the age.
Their production guitars are obviously great, bare bones djent machines, but Marten's custom single cut is undeniably classy and cool.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Stoneman is sick as fuck, but I owned one and that lower backward horn thing sucks from a practical standpoint. If you get up to higher frets it will rub against the back of your hand (unless you have little baby hands--no offense). It annoyed me to no end.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
God, the cutaway on that Ibanez is fucking horrendous, why not keep the actual semi-circle but just move it DOWN, relative to where it should be? This is why you shouldn't let people design their own guitars.

Also, the M80M/M8M is where its at, or at a minimum, the 2228

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
God, the cutaway on that Ibanez is fucking horrendous, why not keep the actual semi-circle but just move it DOWN, relative to where it should be? This is why you shouldn't let people design their own guitars.

Also, the M80M/M8M is where its at, or at a minimum, the 2228
:agreed:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I love the old Nevborns, even though they were ALLEGEDLY not built that great Iirc they started falling apart on tour? Also can't find any decent pics lol

Otherwise its the classic Ibanez M8. I love the destroyer, I love the Iceman, I love the Artist.... But none of them really translated well to 8 strings for my taste.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I love the old Nevborns, even though they were ALLEGEDLY not built that great Iirc they started falling apart on tour? Also can't find any decent pics lol

Otherwise its the classic Ibanez M8. I love the destroyer, I love the Iceman, I love the Artist.... But none of them really translated well to 8 strings for my taste.

Latest posts

')