What's the *best* Meshuggah guitar?

• Thread starter JDB123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gh0styboi

Everybody Poops
Reaction score
If I'm honest, I just like the old school 2228 stuff. Simple, classy, functional. Not a fan of the massive looking guitars they've been running. 8 strings are already big enough as instruments, that Iceman-style model looks like a boat anchor...

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
1000011043.png

Valdra

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion? - I think the RG5328 is a solid “Meshuggah” guitar, despite not being a sig.
That bridge pickup needs to be ABSOLUTELY SLAMMED to the bridge to be a Meshuggah sig guitar 😉

I think I like the M80M the best; even over the M8M (aesthetically). I dig the open pore ash vibe. And I like it's longer scale over the Stoneman's 27".

I will likely own a stoneman at some point anyway even though I feel 8 strings should be longer than 27" (personal preference)

Oh, and I hate that single cut with all of my being 😭

Jonnysleftfoot

Reaction score
I'm almost certainly going to buy one of these before the year is out, i can feel it.
I bought one, ended up selling it to @Randy. Went on a spree trying out a few different 8’s before running back to the 5328. Something about the neck and string spacing just felt right.

Although, both were purchased used, and both came with worn down nut slots. If I could do it again, I’d special order one through Rich for sure.

')