What's the Biggest Band you have played with?

• Thread starter Mysticlamp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
When I was back home in RI and had my band "The Anomalous", we had played with Vital Remains in I believe 2005 at the Living Room in Providence. We had also played with Macabre at Jarrod's Rock House in Attleboro, Ma in I think 2003/4, but I wound up leaving before they went on, and ever so deeply regret it now, because they were awesome. :nuts::rolleyes::wallbash::noplease:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bce5150

Reaction score
Suffocation, Decrepit birth, The Facless, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Through the Eyes of the dead, Shai Hulud,

smoked weed with Suffocation

Horizon Whore

Resident Southpaw
Contributor
Reaction score
Next few months will include Sybreed (Switzerland), Parkway Drive, Circles.

Our first international Support was MyChildren MyBride, were doing okay for a band thats been around for a year and a half - two years. Enjoy it alot!

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest for me would undoubtedly be going up on stage 10 minutes after Bob Dylan :lol: Granted our stage was about 500m away, but still, pretty cool hanging out in the dressing room hearing Bob Dylan through the window. And rigging down during Journey :)

Other notables on that festival were Kings of Leon, also did another festival the same year that was headlined by Kanye West and Prince :)

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Hmmm, that would have to be Italy's The Secret. They're on Southern Lord and everything.

Dores

Reaction score
I must say I'm impressed by how many sevenstringers who have opened for the really great bands! I'm jelly.

Anyways, my old band opened for Trail of Tears once.

dime3334

Reaction score
Me & my old band (actually I was just filling in on the bass for them for a while) opened up for God Forbid & Hatebreed a few years ago, THAT was awesome! :hbang:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Back in the day i used to play in a pop punk band, and we opened for bands like: NFG, Rufio, Bayside, Alien ant farm

That's pretty much where this thread ends for me. That has to be the coolest thing; their first album is like 50% of my childhood :lol:

Closest thing to 'playing with a known artist' I've ever done was jamming with Steve Vai on stage at his Alien Guitar Secrets clinic in Madrid, 2009. It was only like 3 minutes, and probably made a fool of myself to the other 50 people in the room, but it was totally worth it :lol:

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
In 3 weeks, my band's playing with Madina Lake, Me Talk Pretty and Hawthorne Heights. That's gonna be the biggest bands for us.

poisonelvis

windowlicker
Contributor
Reaction score
my old band seven,we opened for powerman 5000,mushroomhead,dope,40 below summer,all in chico ca.very cool shows

coldandhomeless

Reaction score
Edgar winter group, Blue Oyster Cult, john michael montgomery, uriah heep, crow, Adler's Appetite, firehouse, joe diffy. iowa bike rallies are awesome lol.

Murmel

Reaction score
I could've sworn that I had replied to this thread, apparently I hadn't :lol:

I've played on the same stage on a festival as Adept, Pain of Salvation and a fuck ton of Swedish acts that no one here will know about.

Domkid118

Knives and Wolves
Reaction score
Liferuiner, Eyes of a traitor, (10 day tour with) Walking with Strangers, Playing with Vanna and Hundredth next month

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Decapitated, Suffocation, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Destruction, Nile, Malevolent Creation, Benighted, couple others I don't remember now...

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Decapitated, Suffocation, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Destruction, Nile, Malevolent Creation, Benighted, couple others I don't remember now...

awesome!

Did you by chance support suffocation on their european tour 2010? I think it was 2010?

')