What's the Biggest Band you have played with?

• Thread starter Mysticlamp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Sonata Arctica and Primal Fear. Unfortunately it looks like it will be a long time before we play any more shows unless we play with Superior Drummer through the PA :wallbash:

oliviergus

Djentiver Gustafsson
Reaction score
Damn, some of you have played with some awesome bands!

Me and my band is going to play the same show as Scar Symmetry in december. Should be a killer show!

MAISO

Reaction score
With my old band we played with; Protest the hero, Tesseract, Maylene and the sons of disasters, Dead and Divine, Vanna. We were also supposed to play with Architects, which would've been amazing, but my band broke up =[.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Kalmah, Despised Icon and Unexpect.

We wasn't even suppose to play at the Kalmah's gig, I've been contacted through facebook the day before the show, asking if my band could open for that show since the two former opening band cancelled due to the weather. Needless to say that I jumped on that opportunity ahaha. Also shared the stage with Despised Icon (during their last tour) and Unexpect, both of them played with us during the Abitibi Survival in 2010.

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Daath, Abigail Williams or Goatwhore. We did NOT fit that bill very well, haha. Pagan's Mind also.

Dcr

Reaction score
In my last band we opened for dark tranquility and insomnium here in spain. It was a pretty damn good gig. :yesway:

Reaction score
My last band got to open for Whitechapel - I am honestly not a fan of theirs but we at least got to play to our largest crowd and definitely got the biggest crowd response out of the three opening bands (and we were first)! I even signed autographs and was asked to get my picture taken with some girls. Great success.

neoclassical

FENRISMAW
Reaction score
Petty obsessions. If this is heaven, how bad is he
Fenrismaw have opened for Suffocation a couple of times, The Faceless, Warbringer, Winds of Plague, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Decrepit Birth, Goatwhore, The Absence twice, Slam one Down, Kampfar, Necronomion, Vreid, Operatika, Black Anvil, DesDemon, Anticosm, Coathanger Abortion... all I can think of right now.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
stick to your guns, for the fallen dreams, atilla, as blood runs black, fallujah, and hell followed with

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Well this will be fun to think about. I haven't ever put all these names down in one spot. Our second show which was in summer 2009 we opened for Will Haven. Our 4th show we opened for Kylesa. Our 5th show we opened the SF stop for Cruefest 2 so we opened for Motley Crue, Godsmack, Drowning Pool, Theory of a Deadman, Rev Theory and more. Our 8th show we played to a packed house at the SF stop for All That Remains, Lacuna Coil and Maylene and the Sons of Disaster after Phil from All that Remains chose us for the gig. Wev'e also supported Trapt and 2cents. What else, Fallujah, Armed for Apocalypse...

Concr3t3

Under The Stone
Reaction score
Fear Factory.
Soilwork, Death Angel, Augury, Mutiny Within.
TesseracT, Protest The Hero.
Possessed.
Monstrosity.
Origin.
Vital Remains.
In This Moment (right before they took off for the big time)

And this Friday (10/21/2011):
Brujeria
Cattle Decapitation (3rd time with these guys...I think)
And Sangre (2nd time with these guys)

I know I'm missing a couple other bands.

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
Buddy Guy, House of Blues Myrtle Beach. I was a pretty decent blues player when I was a kid.

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
My band just played with Decapitated, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Obscura and Decrepit Birth a couple weeks ago. I also played with Eyes Set to Kill seven years ago, when I was in high school, before they were big.

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
My band just played with Decapitated, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Obscura and Decrepit Birth a couple weeks ago. I also played with Eyes Set to Kill seven years ago, when I was in high school, before they were big.
Great Scott, ESTK exists this long?, i remember vaguely when i started playing i worshipped the demo version of darling (and was subsequently disappointed by the album version).

Biggest Band opening for? Caliban...

')