What's the heaviest song?

• Thread starter swedenuck
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is the standard by which all heaviness is deemed true or false. The second riff crushes.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm loving Mastodon's heaviness... Iron Tusk would probably have to be one of the heaviest songs ever.

I'm blown away that the first response to the thread was the most right :D ...well, I might actually have to give the intro to Bland Street Bloom a slight edge, or the intro to The Focus Hour by Bulb. Maybe I would give them a three way tie.

Spoongirl

Bunnies :wub:
Reaction score
I would say

CAST DOWN THE HERETIC!!!! By Nile

some heavy stuff there :)

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
For me it's a tie between Nile's "Burning Pits Of The Duat" and Meshuggah's (Re-Nothing) "Spasm." [To me, that's the most brutal bass Bb ever recorded]

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;697478 said:
For me it's a tie between Nile's "Burning Pits Of The Duat" and Meshuggah's (Re-Nothing) "Spasm." [To me, that's the most brutal bass Bb ever recorded]

Yeah, I second 'Spasm', and add 'Shitstorm' and 'Oh My Fucking God' by SYL. :shred:

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That breakdowny bit in "Immortal Rites" by Morbid Angel always gets me, even now, but I guess it's pretty tame by todays standards...

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
You're counting breakdowns aswell?? In that case it's gotta be Pantera - Domination. Thats where it all started :D

Nick

Reaction score
+1 on burning pits of the duat by nile, One of my all time favourite tracks by any band.

:mf666:

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Here to stay by korn...the intro to that, is just, fucking cool. I wouldn't say its the heaviest song. But that intro goes off, its heavy to me lol

hunter75

Reaction score
The intro for Obzen by Meshuggah gets my head going, intro for sacrifice unto sebek by Nile and perverse suffering by cannibal corpse are pretty beastly aswell :hbang:

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
The heaviest track? Purely on grounds of weight/minute, I'd have to say I by meshuggah. One CD, CD case, Inlay would equal most CD's weight, but it being one track and 25? minutes long the calculation is as follows:

Length of song / Weight of CD + packaging and case

Thus it is the heaviest.

Latest posts

')