What's the longest note sung you've ever heard?

• Thread starter Regor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I finally got a hold of my brother's Vision Divine CDs, and I'm just blown away by Michelle Luppi's vocals. He's absolutely amazing. Especially in La Vita Fugge on Stream of Consciousness. He hits a note at the end that, on the CD, is about 19 seconds long. I found a live video of him doing it, but it's not as long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMG3JEFeNTQ

So how many other singers out there can hit notes this long?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
on the Scream For Me, Brazil Disc from Bruce, i think he holds a note for about 30 seconds on The Tower. i THINK Lord Worm's scream is about 40 seconds on Open Face Surgery from Cryptopsy.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
on the Scream For Me, Brazil Disc from Bruce, i think he holds a note for about 30 seconds on The Tower. i THINK Lord Worm's scream is about 40 seconds on Open Face Surgery from Cryptopsy.

40 seconds?? HOLY FUCK :bowdown:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i think its that long, its been a while since ive heard it. its FUCKING long. I can say that much. And i saw him do it live \m/

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
The Open Face Surgery Scream is about 27 seconds. Lord Worm pwns.

MJK's The Grudge scream is about 30 seconds if I remember right.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol @ jackasses stating 40seconds for Lord Worm's 'high A'.

It's 26 seconds long, as huber more rightly pointed out.

No need to be an asshat. like i said, its been a while since i heard it.

You might wanna cut that kind of tone if you want to stick around here.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
the one i can think of offhand is Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge, on Find The Real. starts his breath at about 4:11, and konks out around 4:26. i tried doing it once, but almost blew out a ball trying to hit that top pitch.

Lol @ jackasses stating 40seconds for Lord Worm's 'high A'.

It's 26 seconds long, as huber more rightly pointed out.

LOL @ the irony of you being the only jackass in the thread thus far :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Corpsegrinder in the song 'They Deserve To Die' lets out a scream that seems go on forever, but I'd say it's more like 15-20 seconds.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
hmmm, i've heard a few, but i can't say any come to mind on the names of the artists. One i do recall, yeeeeh i expect a pay out here, when i saw korn in 99, near the end of the song "kill you" davis out this long note which he just holds, for a good 10-15 seconds. That was pretty cool. But yeh theres lot of pop singers i've heard do stuff thats pretty crazy holding notes.

For you tube goodness, theres even a vid of him doing it @ 4:45 to 5:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WAICDkoWLA

D

Desecrated

Check out some opera. they have insane vocal capabillities.

Oh!, summoning has some long as tones to.

lailer75

Smart Dumby
Reaction score
what about the end of "see you in hell" from grim reaper!! seeeeeeeee youuuuuuuu innnn heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
How long is that last not in "Don't You Cry" by GnR? I have no clue if it is a studio trick or not, but it goes on for fucking ever.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure offa the top of my head, but George Fishers' scream "and now he loses his MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNDD-huuuh(breathing in) in "Mutation Of The Cadaver offa Gore Obsessed was the first that made me go "shit, thats ages!". I'm a bit more educated now and i know there are longer ones out there, but that was my 'first'.. My CD got scratched and its the only song that doesn't play now. And it was my favourite. :noplease:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
"Running loooooooooooooooooooooooooooow" in the beginning of Hallowed Be Thy Name is right up there.

Start: 0:52
End: 1:08

')