What's the most ignorant thing anyone has ever said to you about music?

• Thread starter Daemoniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
80% of the metal stuff you listen too is classical music influenced... Its so evident....

:lol: little kids who hate classical music are only young ignorants :lol:

:lol: little men who hate classical music are only young ignorants :lol:

:lol: old men who hate classical music are ignorant and retarded :lol:

Here is a great exemple of classical irish influence from one of the most famous european gothic bands out there...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I like jazz, a little pop, lots of classic rock, classical, some ethnical styles and everything. I´m not a close minded metalhead and I hate those. But I hate the people who hate metal because they pidgeonhole us in a way that I despise. They look me like I´m a murderer or something just because I like metal, cappice? I hate when someone drops the classic "you don´t LOOK like you like these musical styles". How am I supposed to look? It´s fucking ridiculous...

yeah absolutely, I don't dress metal at all these days, and I don't see why I should. I'm a normal person who happens to love metal, amongst a lot of other genres.

Somebody who is serious about metal must know that without classical music metal would not exist, also many bands are classical influenced, like Children of Boddom for exemple....

Bands like nightwish and so many others who are incredibly celtic or Irish music inspired.... etc etc...

Every music style has its richness and culture and must be respected...

I listen to all thypes of music, mostly metal and classical music, but I also love jazz...

Some rapp can be incredible sometimes....

The more music styles you listen, the most accomplished musicien you will be or become....

I only have a problem with Reggae and Polka music :lol:

:agreed:

metal is influenced by so many other different genres, that hating things that aren't metal just doesn't make sense.

take away Allan Holdsworth and Steve Reich and we'd have no Meshuggah, and it's the same sort of deal for a lot of other bands.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: little kids who hate classical music are only young ignorants :lol:

Im so very pleased i was raised on Classical music. I can actually appreciate the music i listen to so much more. Not to mention it means i have more music to appreciate :D

:lol: old men who hate classical music are ignorant and attarded :lol:

Retarded :yesway:;)

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Im so very pleased i was raised on Classical music. I can actually appreciate the music i listen to so much more. Not to mention it means i have more music to appreciate :D

Well in my case my mother being a big name in the classical music industry, I was raised listening to mozart and bach....

and the beatles :wub:

When I was a kid i used to hate classical music :lol:

One day I grew up and realised how incredible this music was and the geniouses who composed them :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well in my case my mother being a big name in the classical music industry, I was raised listening to mozart and bach....

When I was a kid i used to hate it :lol:

One day I grew up and realised how incredible this music was and the geniouses who composed them :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Exactly what hapened to me :)

Rachmaninoff, Vivaldi, Prokofiev, Bach, Mozart, etc... it was all i listened to until i was 16 :lol::nuts::)

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Guys like Yngwie Malmsteen who ows everything to classical music without what he would not be anything....

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
And also those ignorants who say that playing low is only for metal and who shred on baritone instruments and extended range guitars must also know where those instruments came from.... :idea:

Everything started with the luth family hundereds of years ago....

So somebody who says ''a 7 string guitar is only for metal players'' :nuts:

:rofl: that guy must be shot

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score

That was awesome :yesway:

I like to refer to this video when I talk about extended range instruments...

This was written by a famous luth composer hundereds of years ago Sylvius Leopold Weiss and in order to play this, the guitar had to be built with 11 strings because the player needs much more range in order to play the original luth composition....

This video always gives me goos bumps...

Origins

Not banned
Reaction score
One day I went to a 'professional guitar shop', the owner asked to me:

''What is a baritone guitar? ''

He claims he has 45 years of experience in the guitar industry...

I thought that instead to punch him in the face, I prefered to leave the place....

I used to work in a guitar shop for few weeks, and I have really bad memories about it :ugh:
I was so mad when the guy sold some guitar pack to a kid with his father and said "this is the best thing you can start with". Everybody would know if a 100$ guitar would be good to start with :wallbash:
The guys don´t know anything about what they are selling and just randomly speak a bunch of bullshit when someone ask a question.
"Is this a good guitar for shred?
- (looking the price) Yeah of course! As you can see (looking the paper with details of the guitar) it has blablabla.."
I had some bad remarks from the owner because I was more discussing about the gears and guitars with the customers than actually selling them :ugh:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Metal isn't as advanced as classical yet, but it's getting there. I think we're probably 10-15 years from a musical golden age. Maybe less.

for anyone that hasn't heard my band, we're an attempt at bridging metal to classical, check us out :yesway:

Petef2007

Reaction score
I'll never forget this one

Him: So why don't you like bring me the horizon?
Me: It's just not the kind of thing i enjoy listening to
Him: Well they're more talented then that shit you had on earlier

The band i had on earlier was Cynic

I did indeed facepalm.

Big +1 to the "metal or nothing" guys, that infuriates me no end. I know a couple of people who won't listen to a band unless they have chug chug breakdowns in their music :wallbash:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll never forget this one

Him: So why don't you like bring me the horizon?
Me: It's just not the kind of thing i enjoy listening to
Him: Well they're more talented then that shit you had on earlier

The band i had on earlier was Cynic

I did indeed facepalm.

Big +1 to the "metal or nothing" guys, that infuriates me no end. I know a couple of people who won't listen to a band unless they have chug chug breakdowns in their music :wallbash:

:wallbash:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I have an epic story about a music shop....

This little kid who wanted to buy a cool guitar, the bloody salesman who of course sold him a cheap pack with a horrible strat inspired guitar and a cheap amp....

Next thing you know, guitar buzzing all around because of the terrible adjustements....

Guitar was screwed up and impossible to repair so had to be replaced....

The owner of the shop actually had a go at the little kid shouting at him telling him that the neck truss rod moved because he did not know how to tune the guitar!

:mad::mad: This made me so angry that I obliged the salesman to shut up and to immediately replace the guitar of the poor kid...

whisper

Reaction score
When I was in college (mid 90's), the mid-90's hipster chick with Doc Martens and flannel, etc., when asked about Jane's Addiction - "Who's Jane's Addiction?"

The big one, in high school, the chick not knowing who Led Zepplin was. Kinda makes me pissed at her parents more than her. How can you bring a child up in a Led Zepplinless world?!

lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')