What's the most ignorant thing anyone has ever said to you about music?

• Thread starter Daemoniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewsonfire

Reaction score
Me - "Yeah. So dio died today? Fucked up man.."
My Friend - "Yeah i know, its a sad day for metal..."
His Friend - "So your sad about a guy you dont know dying? What ever..Who is he?"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sevenstringgod

Reaction score
MaKo´s Tethan;1995456 said:
:nuts:
IMO you win the thread.
9eafe_4033002105_cc17693377.jpg

06_16_3.jpg
[/IMG]

I know! :lol:

I have another epic ignorant moment for you guys, a friend of mine that actually went to the before mentioned EMO party, told one of the before mentioned potheads, that I played a seven string guitar, and he said, "Dude, those are obsolete, no one uses them now." And proceeded to smoke some more.

Ignorance FTMFW. :lol:

slayerrulesyo

Reaction score
Guy at Guitar Center: Why are the mids so high on that amp
Me: Well, a guitar is a midrange instrument...so..
Guy at GC: Dude just scoop the mids it will sound PERFECT.

xD

also anybody who doesn't listen to metal because of "the screaming" xD

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, not listening to metal because of the screaming (given that the brand of metal in question does include screaming) is a pretty valid opinion to me. I mean, I don't listen to Attack Attack because of the vocals, and plenty of people don't listen to bands like Nevermore or Dream Theater because they DON'T scream. It's all up to the listener really. As long as you don't diss a band that you never bothered listening to in the first place, it's cool with me.

The part about scooping the mids though is hilarious :lol: That's not a matter of opinion, that's just a lack of practical experience with sound.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Well, not listening to metal because of the screaming (given that the brand of metal in question does include screaming) is a pretty valid opinion to me. I mean, I don't listen to Attack Attack because of the vocals, and plenty of people don't listen to bands like Nevermore or Dream Theater because they DON'T scream. It's all up to the listener really. As long as you don't diss a band that you never bothered listening to in the first place, it's cool with me.

The part about scooping the mids though is hilarious :lol: That's not a matter of opinion, that's just a lack of practical experience with sound.

True, but this person meant anything metal has screaming in it. I should have mentioned that, but I had woken up not too long before I posted that, so my brain wasn't on 100%. :lol:

And you're right about the scooping mids thing. :yesway: I don't think I've had anyone tell me to scoop my mids. :shrug:

My cousin feels like it's necessary to scoop his mids out, so when we jam with our other cousin on drums, he feels the need to crank his amp up higher. :ugh: One of these days when he does that, I'm going to go over to it and re-EQ it for him, so he can cut through. That fucker needs to listen to my advice more often when it comes to EQing. :wallbash:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
And you're right about the scooping mids thing. :yesway: I don't think I've had anyone tell me to scoop my mids. :shrug:

My friend, who I think I have mentioned to you before, said to me the other day, as I was tweaking my amp after he butchered the settings :nono:

"Yeah but we like different tones"

Bear in mind he's never learned or bothered to really listen to his tone, his settings are as follows (Not oclock):

Gain: 10, Treble 10, Mids 4, Bass 8, all other accompanying pedals have gain and tone at 10. :scratch: I really doubt any thought has been put into this fuzzy, almost inaudible "tone" of his :lol:

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
My friend, who I think I have mentioned to you before, said to me the other day, as I was tweaking my amp after he butchered the settings :nono:

"Yeah but we like different tones"

Bear in mind he's never learned or bothered to really listen to his tone, his settings are as follows (Not oclock):

Gain: 10, Treble 10, Mids 4, Bass 8, all other accompanying pedals have gain and tone at 10. :scratch: I really doubt any thought has been put into this fuzzy, almost inaudible "tone" of his :lol:

Oh yes, I remember that. :lol::ugh:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Guy at Guitar Center: Why are the mids so high on that amp
Me: Well, a guitar is a midrange instrument...so..
Guy at GC: Dude just scoop the mids it will sound PERFECT.

xD

also anybody who doesn't listen to metal because of "the screaming" xD

You should have just asked the guy if he's ever played live. If he's in a band, I feel sorry for the people in the crowd and the sound guy. :lol:

machinehead91

Reaction score
a famous singer in the screamo scene once said this to me when he was starting off: "slipknot, slayer, metallica, meshuggah, none of them can play, screamo is REAL talent"

i swear if i had 3 wishes, one of them would be to go back then... how the world would be different :D

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
a famous singer in the screamo scene once said this to me when he was starting off: "slipknot, slayer, metallica, meshuggah, none of them can play, screamo is REAL talent"

i swear if i had 3 wishes, one of them would be to go back then... how the world would be different :D

:noplease: Fail on so many levels.

SjPedro

Reaction score
I have heard a lot believe me but the most ignorant thing I ever heard was ((and this is all completely true):

"What's a Bass?"

by: Random girl in a bar who i was chatting with and for some reason I just stopped :nuts:

chucknorrishred

Reaction score
I have heard a lot believe me but the most ignorant thing I ever heard was ((and this is all completely true):

"What's a Bass?"

by: Random girl in a bar who i was chatting with and for some reason I just stopped :nuts:

aw man, give the girl a break, she prob just wanted some pipe

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
"I hate guitars with the hole in them. How can anyone play with plastic strings!?"

and...

"How can Slipknot be considered a band? They are manufactured, meaning they don't play their own instruments"

Last edited:

DJENTxCORE901

Banned!!!
Reaction score
Yeah I get the "screaming music" bullshit alot from dumbasses.

Most ignorant thing I've been told about music?
"I like Nickelback" hahahahaha

EDIT:
Oh yeah
and when people spell the word brutal with zero's and a four.
Or just generally spell shit stupidly.

AliceAxe

Reaction score

"What's a Bass?"

did you tell her it was a fish? :p

AliceAxe

Reaction score
Yeah I get the "screaming music" bullshit alot from dumbasses.

Most ignorant thing I've been told about music?
"I like Nickelback" hahahahaha

EDIT:
Oh yeah
and when people spell the word brutal with zero's and a four.
Or just generally spell shit stupidly.

yayuh peephole hoo mizpel tings oar stoopid

so wut duz nickleback meen? duz that half sumting tou dou wiff midjet futbowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')