What's the most ignorant thing anyone has ever said to you about music?

• Thread starter Daemoniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The drummer of our band recently called a band meeting since he felt I was pushing them too hard. ( I had written one tech death song and was trying to get them to play a coversong we all agreed on).

Ha actually said that we should keep in mind that we are not professional musicians and that my songs were too hard to play. How could anyone expect that he would be able to play a drumbeat at 120bpm (he didn't mention how many notes he had to play, just a simple double bass line).

Nobody agreed ofc :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
This one time, at band camp... well no.
One time at school, 2 kids were trying to play some scales really slow without fucking up, and I was trying too hard not to facepalm... when a friend told them i played guitar too, so they pass me the guitar and I played some trashy riffs to keep them happy.
The professor came in and said something like "I thought only my son liked punk music"...

And as we learned from the movie crossroads, you fight the devil playing paganini. So I proceded to melt his face with the caprice #5. might have gone overboard a bit, but I played vivaldi's winter too (first movement).

Reaction score
I have the single most ignorant statement ever. EVER. I'm on a forum kind of like this one and someone posts their favorite Metal bands. Disturbed Korn etc. About a hundred posts later someone puts in

JUSTIN BIEBER :evil::scream::realmad:

Is this guy on fucking crack?!?! There is over genarlizing a genre and then there is just plain fucking stupid. If I had this guy girl whatever in front of me I would talk to them politely while my friend smothers them in honey then releases the bear. Or maybe run them over. The list of things that this person deserves for saying such a stupid thing just has no end. I could gon on for hours on how much this person needs to die but instead I will post this and let you guys unleash the fucking fury. Dope put it perfectly DIEMOTHERFUCKERDIEMOTHERFUCKERDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wallbash::wallbash:

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
"An 8-string guitar is a bass. You should just play bass if you have an 8-string"

Apparently, some people don't know a THING about timbre...

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
"An 8-string guitar is a bass. You should just play bass if you have an 8-string"

Apparently, some people don't know a THING about timbre...

The notes are low so they play exactly the same and produce the same kinds of tones... Flawless logic...

Forresterc

Reaction score
One time at school, 2 kids were trying to play some scales really slow without fucking up, and I was trying too hard not to facepalm... when a friend told them i played guitar too, so they pass me the guitar and I played some trashy riffs to keep them happy.

What do you mean you were trying not to facepalm listening to two kids trying to play scales slowly? I don't find that stupid at all

Murmel

Reaction score
I don't see the fail in that either. It's not so you can play scales at 200bpm without practice first...
Taking it slow before you master it is the best way to go, because then you actually learn to play it clean so it doesn't just become a sloppy mess.

Dimensionator

I Am Error
Reaction score
for me its the basic "all metal is satanic", "listen to some REAL music", :rolleyes:

as for a story...
I was listening to For Today (a christian metalcore band [actually a GOOD one]) and my grandma walked in the room. shes pretty religious but doesnt talk about it much.
she asks me why i listen to such devil-music, and if I'm a satanist. of course i reply no. (actually im agnostic, but that isnt really relevant.)
then i tried to explain to her that the songs were NOT satanic in any way, in fact the complete opposite.
all the tracks on their second album are actually named after important figures in the bible (Isaiah, Ezekiel, etc.).
when i showed her the lyrics, she didnt believe that they were the real lyrics... at that point i couldnt help but facepalm.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
What do you mean you were trying not to facepalm listening to two kids trying to play scales slowly? I don't find that stupid at all

Well yeah, it's just they had that typical "I have an axe, Im better than you, and some chick should be on her knees by now" attitude, but showed how good they were soon as they hit a note.

THAT you can safely facepalm to.

7stringsofdoom

Reaction score
Me: *Listening to iPod *
Other guy: "What are you listening to?"
Me: "Megadeth"
Other guy: *grabs earphones and begins to listen* "Why do you listen to this emo screamo shit?"
Me: "It's Metal, not screamo"
Other guy: "No, Bullet For My Valentine and Escape the Fate are metal idiot!"
Me: *Facepalm*

Reaction score
The drummer of our band recently called a band meeting since he felt I was pushing them too hard. ( I had written one tech death song and was trying to get them to play a coversong we all agreed on).

:lol: Our last drummer actually quit because he said we were pushing him too hard. Ridiculous, man. Ridiculous.

Other guy: *grabs earphones and begins to listen* "Why do you listen to this emo screamo shit?"

Good God. I just covered my floor with the Pepsi I was drinking prior to reading that trite. Please tell me after he woke up, you explained to him that if he ever disrespected metal like that again, he'd end up in a closed casket.

mma_liddell2_sw_580.jpg

vampiregenocide

Reaction score

Thats too hyprocritical to be real. I don't believe it. There are some morons, but that person can't exist.

hxcdeathcore

Reaction score
1.I hate when people call my music "Screamo" I hate that word so much It sounds weak to me.

2.My brother said Jimi Hendrix sucks. I punched him.

Murmel

Reaction score
Well yeah, it's just they had that typical "I have an axe, Im better than you, and some chick should be on her knees by now" attitude, but showed how good they were soon as they hit a note.

THAT you can safely facepalm to.
I don't get why people think you will get the bewbs when you play guitar... I've honestly never witnessed or heard anyone getting chicks from playing guitar.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I don't get why people think you will get the bewbs when you play guitar... I've honestly never witnessed or heard anyone getting chicks from playing guitar.

I have PERSONALLY never gotten ladies from playing guitar but I've seen it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')