What's the Music Scene like where you live?

• Thread starter Hyliannightmare
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Epyon6

Reaction score
These threads make me realize why people think I'm an asshole if I tell them I listen to metal. You guys are so judgemental, lol.

For the record, I wear tight jeans and I listen to the same music all you guys do and more.

Nah dude, its just that those people dont open their minds to good music OR respect it. Tech death is like the classical music of our time, people dont give it a chance. I LOVE tech death, but I also listen to rap cause I like some shit, I work on cars so I like to listen to it when im workin on my shit, but I know how shit is, rap is no skilled crap, I like some beats and what SOME rappers rap about. I also listen to classical, jazz and some blues, even rock stuff like that. But everyone settles for shit like metalcore and deathcore cause their too lazy to practice their shit, so theyd rather stick with easy shit and think that their awsome. Its like people rather have the "look" of a "rockstar" then the skill of a "rockstar.

Also im a guy that hates when guys wear tight jeans, im sorry I just dont wanna see your ass in a denim prison when im around town, sorry I just dont like guy ass....besides how does your shit breathe down there???? You wont be able to have kids ya know.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aturaya

Reaction score
Nah dude, its just that those people dont open their minds to good music OR respect it. Tech death is like the classical music of our time, people dont give it a chance. I LOVE tech death, but I also listen to rap cause I like some shit, I work on cars so I like to listen to it when im workin on my shit, but I know how shit is, rap is no skilled crap, I like some beats and what SOME rappers rap about. I also listen to classical, jazz and some blues, even rock stuff like that. But everyone settles for shit like metalcore and deathcore cause their too lazy to practice their shit, so theyd rather stick with easy shit and think that their awsome. Its like people rather have the "look" of a "rockstar" then the skill of a "rockstar.

Also im a guy that hates when guys wear tight jeans, im sorry I just dont wanna see your ass in a denim prison when im around town, sorry I just dont like guy ass....besides how does your shit breathe down there???? You wont be able to have kids ya know.

People settle for the music they like, not for how technical or "good" it is. Deathcore/metalcore are ENTIRELY different in sound when compared to tech death lol. It's not because they're too lazy to practice; even if I was amazing at guitar I'd still write things with a heavy deathcore/metalcore influence instead of playing every other measure in a different time signature at 350 BPM.

Also, tight jeans honestly can't have a long standing effect on fertility. Anyways, this will actually make me unable to have kids, so whatever. :shrug:

aturaya

Reaction score
There is a reason why they are outside the body...

Tight jeans can probably mess with fertility, they probably do not make one permanently infertile however:)

That's why I said long standing.

Ninjahat

Reaction score

LOLZ@U You where just talking about image in music, and then comment about how it affects you when a man wears skinny jeans! There is a simple solution my man, don't wear skinny's, and stop checkin' out dudes who wear them if your so concerned with it.

Reaction score
Music scene is horrible here. In the local towns/cities you will find bands/musicians falling into the following categories:

• Shitty "metal" bands... they all wear skinny girl jeans and spiky hair (think Attack Attack and other crabcore shit).
  • Country cover acts... they want to be Garth Brooks.
  • Classic Southern rock cover bands...Yelling "Free Bird" is fine, cuz they'll probably play it before the night's over.
  • Mellow acoustic jam guys... These guys fill all the small pubs and hangouts around the university. And see more pussy than a litter box.
  • Wannabe rappers... yep, believe it or not we have rappers in this little hick ass town. Even white ones. :lol:
Occasionally I come across good acts around here. A friend of mine plays bass in a really cool 3-piece, and they do a lot of metal, doom, stoner rock (stuff like Black Sabbath, Motorhead, The Sword, Corrosion of Conformity, Baroness). They're really the only band I'll go watch anymore.

Alexjorgenson667

Reaction score
In Utah, Slc to be exact there is actually alot out stuff here. The majority seem.s as black metal, funeral and stoner doom some traditional thrash and a ton of lame metalcore stuff. Kinda strange

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
I'm an elitist asshole anyway so 99% of the stuff around here sucks. Lots of my friends are in metalcore/hardcore/deathcore bands, 13 in a dozen crap, boring.

The only cool locals I can think of are these Autopsy/SweDeath worshipping guys.

Dave_Magos

Ave Imperator..
Reaction score
South Georgia is like a small creek, hundreds of miles from the river. The Ebb n flow of the musical currents down here tends to go from generic to none existent, a couple of times a year. Being in the Bible belt, venues tend to get scrutinized for no other reason other then the people that frequent those venues don't look like the type of people local city/county officials want "corrupting" their kids.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
I'm an elitist asshole anyway so 99% of the stuff around here sucks. Lots of my friends are in metalcore/hardcore/deathcore bands, 13 in a dozen crap, boring.

The only cool locals I can think of are these Autopsy/SweDeath worshipping guys.

There needs to be more bands like this
metal_horns_amon_amarth.JPG

misingonestring

Irrelevant Name
Reaction score
These threads make me realize why people think I'm an asshole if I tell them I listen to metal. You guys are so judgemental, lol.

For the record, I wear tight jeans and I listen to the same music all you guys do and more.

Tight jeans look good... on women.

Not calling anyone a woman by the way.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Mostly "HxC" straight edge bands and bands who say they play "Tech death metal" but its just straight chugging

There are about 5 good bands around here...

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
First, a quote from Wikipedia.org, on the city's page:

Wikipedia.org said:
Rouyn-Noranda is also known as a "Capital of Metal" since the metal scene is very active and popular. Many metal bands played in Rouyn-Noranda, like Behemoth, Sonata Arctica, Kreator, Napalm Death, Cryptopsy, Cephalic Carnage, Cannibal Corpse, Quo Vadis, Deeds of Flesh, Disgorge, Mortal decay, Kataklysm, 1349, Anonymus, Vader, Martyr and Neuraxis. Descend Into Nothingness, Abitabyss, Archons, Cryptik Howling, Decrepity, Chaotic Insurrection and many other metal bands from Rouyn-Noranda have great success in the metal scene.

Now, the reality. All that is said was true, but only through 2000-2008. Since then, the scene just went down and down. -Core subgenres have killed the scene here (not complaining about that musical style, just about the promoters). After seeing band like Behemoth, Vader, 1349 and Suffocation, to shows where there is ONLY -core bands just killed the spirit for me. Of the bands mentionned that comes from R-N, only Archons (Tech Black/Death), Decrepity (Deathcore) and maybe Abitabyss (Semi-joke Grind/Death Core) are still alive (although there is some other, like both of my projects).

Bottom line, the good years seems to have passed away, hopes to see a revival of the scene here, some of the shows were totally sick.

Here is the first Wall of Death that was seen here, in April (I think) 2005. For a 400 people crowd, its quite impressive:

Aside from the metal scene, we also have the "Festival de Musique Émergente" (an underground bands festival) wich is pretty popular and one of the main cultural event in the city. Bands from all around the world are playing there, in various style everyday. There is rock to techno, coutnry to metal, so its really a nice event. I try to go and see a couple of shows every year.

DGKarehere

french dude, Brian
Reaction score
First, a quote from Wikipedia.org, on the city's page:

Now, the reality. All that is said was true, but only through 2000-2008. Since then, the scene just went down and down. -Core subgenres have killed the scene here (not complaining about that musical style, just about the promoters). After seeing band like Behemoth, Vader, 1349 and Suffocation, to shows where there is ONLY -core bands just killed the spirit for me. Of the bands mentionned that comes from R-N, only Archons (Tech Black/Death), Decrepity (Deathcore) and maybe Abitabyss (Semi-joke Grind/Death Core) are still alive (although there is some other, like both of my projects).

Bottom line, the good years seems to have passed away, hopes to see a revival of the scene here, some of the shows were totally sick.

Here is the first Wall of Death that was seen here, in April (I think) 2005. For a 400 people crowd, its quite impressive:

Aside from the metal scene, we also have the "Festival de Musique Émergente" (an underground bands festival) wich is pretty popular and one of the main cultural event in the city. Bands from all around the world are playing there, in various style everyday. There is rock to techno, coutnry to metal, so its really a nice event. I try to go and see a couple of shows every year.

I didn't know there was such a music scene in Rouyn-Noranda :ugh:

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
I didn't know there was such a music scene in Rouyn-Noranda :ugh:

Hard to expect from a 35,000 people city that sits in the 48th parallel eh? :lol:
The place where most shows are presented is in the Petit Théatre du Vieux Noranda, a 450 person capacity show place, back in the day a metal show would have been attended by 300-400 persons, beside that the FME (Festival de la Musique Emergente) also draw a lot of people.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Interesting. My scene has shifted a lot. I stopped seeing local shows around two years ago, since the scene kind of stagnated, and it was the same shitty bands trying to cop Despised Icon and JfaC's sounds playing every weekend, with nothing new, or different. A month or so ago, my friend Zack asked me to go see his band open for Suicide Silence and Darkest Hour in Iowa City (if anyone saw that, he's the guitarist in Kings). I couldn't go, so I went to an earlier, local show, and god damn. Every band here is suddenly "melodic hardcore" (in the sense that The Ghost Inside is supposedly melodic hardcore). I don't know what happened, but now it's all of these bands playing every week. Thank God my band just hired a drummer, so we can get our technical/melodic/progressive deathcore out there (think Misery Signals meets Structures meets Rings of Saturn). Hopefully we'll stir up the scene a bit.

')