What's the one piece of non-amp/guitar gear that you swear by?

• Thread starter JLP2005
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
The plastic case where I store my picks. When it's empty I know it's time to start looking under the bed, carpet, and check under the midi keyboard.
I swear, some alien is kidnapping my picks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Dunlop 1mm tortex bass picks (can't play guitar anymore without them :lol:)

And Duct tape. Best thing ever

Reaction score
My glasses.
26.gif

myampslouder

Reaction score
An old shitty back pack that I keep all my tools and spare cables and crap in. It's so incredibly convenient. Pockets for everything, tons of room, and I can carry it on my back and stash it behind my amp at a gig

I would be screwed without it.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Ultex Jazz III's and 1.14mm Sharps. I love Ultex, and I swear the sharps particularly have a huge impact on my sound.

DiMarzio cables. Forget about sound and that crap, the switchcraft tips feel like bullets, and once unwound properly, the things stay straight as an arrow, I swear I couldn't knot them if I tried. They also come in cool colours and I love DiMarzio as a company anyway :lol:

I use cliplock straps too, but to be honest I first got one cos Vai, Petrucci etc etc etc all have them and I thought 'huh that's a neat idea' and they don't stick out in an ugly way like strap locks usually do.

Circle K strings - feel good, sound good, balanced tension and sell 90's!

Plimsoles. I can't play in any remotely active situation without them. I'd play barefoot if most places round here weren't covered in beer and chlamydia. They're so light and comfy, seriously love em.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Metronomics App on iPhone - It is the best metronome I have ever used.

V-Picks - I own 4 V-Picks which means I literally only own 4 picks.

Hannabach Goldins - I think these are the best sounding and most reliable classical guitar strings available.

Circle K Strings - Their wound strings are a game changer!

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
My cell phone flashlight. Otherwise I always wire something wrong and look like a moron for at least 10 minutes.

Word. Cant set up without my droid light. Also I have a small rolling suitcase my Control 2, extension cords and instrument cables go in. Makes things quick on stage for changeover.

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
Forgot serious answer to question: Cable snake and breakout box for my board. I just got a new system and might ditch the breakout box notion as it's gonna get complicated and expensive (neither of which I'm particularly interested in), but for my old setup, it was outstanding. When you're running that much crap around on your board, and bit of streamlining helps.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Dunlop Jazz III's and Max-Grips. :wub:
D'Addario Strings. They're super comfortable and for me, at least, they last a really long time and don't get dented easily. Haven't tried Circle K yet (which everyone seems to be mentioning in this thread, but I've heard good things).

Also, for me as a part-time drummer: drum key.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
My peavy Ampkit link, I can toss it and set of old powered computer speakers into a gig bag with my drinking guitar. Decent tones with versatility and enough volume on tap. He'll even if I'm taking one of my lunchbox amps with I still grap the link instead of a tuner.

Even better I can record what ever I play, export it dry or wet and even reamp it afterwords from ampkit.

Dayn

Reaction score
Well, crap. That's pretty much all I have, apart from straplocks, strings and picks.

I guess Circle K strings. I can't get the same tone or feel out of any other string I've tried, and I've tried a lot of strings.

')