What's the one piece of non-amp/guitar gear that you swear by?

• Thread starter JLP2005
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JLP2005

Chief Knuckledragger
Reaction score
Whether it be a pick, a pedal, or anything else that you can think of-- what's one piece of equipment that is not an amp or guitar of yours that you swear by, and why?

Extra points for bringing an answer outside the box.

I'll kick us off:

I fucking love my e-bow. Give me a volume pedal, some delay, and I can make some really great textures with it!:cool:

Edit:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Desk Fan- i bring it to the gigs and have one at practice.

At the gigs, it sits on the floor pointing up at me. I am the human furnace. I could get hot in a snowstorm and sweat balls.

JLP2005

Chief Knuckledragger
Reaction score

At the gigs, it sits on the floor pointing up at me. I am the human furnace. I could get hot in a snowstorm and sweat balls.

Holy shit, me, too! The other night it was about 20 something farenheit, and I was hot in my house so I opened up the window. :flame:

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score

Same, when I'm visiting family in Europe I cruise around in jeans and a t-shirt in winter.

I would like to add a towel when playing gigs.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Same, when I'm visiting family in Europe I cruise around in jeans and a t-shirt in winter.

I would like to add a towel when playing gigs.

Oh yeah, forgot that, i normally bring a sweat rag in the back pocket during the summer.

Extension cable and power-strip too, but those are pretty much part of my pedal board these days

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
My cell phone flashlight. Otherwise I always wire something wrong and look like a moron for at least 10 minutes.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Oh, also my thick, sparkly Fender strap. It's the most comfortable leather strap I've played with, and it makes my heavy mahogany Schecter easy to play for extended periods.

troyguitar

Reaction score

Helps keep hair out of your face for maximum shredding!

steve2.jpg

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
I got an mxr zack wylde chorus (apparently the same as the analog chorus for non zack fans) I wanted the jerry Cantrell clean sound but the boss ce2 that jerry used is now a digital unit so after some research I found this to be the closest thing available. Long story short it nails the sound and I love it.

edsped

Reaction score
Elixir nanowebs

Gravity picks (specifically 1.1mm striker mini/big mini with pointed tips)

Neotech Super Bass strap

Reaction score
Volume Pedal. I couldn't play a gig without one. It gives me dynamic control as well as allowing me to go from a heavy/dirty sound to a subdued clean/semi-dirty sound without having the **click** I just changed channels sound.

')