What's up with my fretboard?

• Thread starter Alexxx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alexxx

SELKIES!!!
Reaction score
3baf2757

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
It could just be how the wood is naturally colored, it could be a different piece of wood where the guy who was cutting the board ....ed up and glued a new wood in place. I doubt it will affect the performance of the guitar, and to be honest, it's stupidly difficult to even spot unless you're really eyeballing it.

Alexxx

SELKIES!!!
Reaction score
It could just be how the wood is naturally colored, it could be a different piece of wood where the guy who was cutting the board ....ed up and glued a new wood in place. I doubt it will affect the performance of the guitar, and to be honest, it's stupidly difficult to even spot unless you're really eyeballing it.

I think you're right, that's what I thought, the luthier must've screwed up the cut. It doesn't affect the performance, it's just a little ugly.

Reaction score
I think you're right, that's what I thought, the luthier must've screwed up the cut. It doesn't affect the performance, it's just a little ugly.

I'm just a little baffled as to why the luthier decided to use a completely different piece of wood rather than the original piece. I don't know. The mind of a luthier is a strange, strange place.

Edit: Also, happy HNGD man! Didn't notice that this was a recent trade.

Alexxx

SELKIES!!!
Reaction score
I'm just a little baffled as to why the luthier decided to use a completely different piece of wood rather than the original piece. I don't know. The mind of a luthier is a strange, strange place.

Edit: Also, happy HNGD man! Didn't notice that this was a recent trade.
I know, it seems a bit unprofessional, but it's probably acceptable within the factory standards, and thanks man! I'll post a proper NGD soon.

Maddixxx

Reaction score
I cant believe you can even spot that.. Hopefully that doesn't get too in your way of shredding!

')