What's up with Paul (Chimpspanner)?!

• Thread starter TheShreddinHand
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Anyone know if Paul is still working on instrumental metal stuff anymore? There haven't been many updates on his facebook or twitter and last few things I saw on soundcloud were out of the instru-metal flavor of his Chimp albums. Anyone know?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masoo2

Reaction score
I too am interested.

He's released a few samplepacks I think with a company and was working on that electronic project with Dan Tompkins.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
He also posted that he's had to endure tendinitis lately. I was recently wondering the same thing.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, afaik he had some health issues which is why he haven't been able to play guitar so he has focused on some electronic stuff. I really hope that releases another Chimp Spanner album someday. :(

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
yeah he seems to be doing a lot morestuff which is, erm, making him money lol
https://www.facebook.com/paulortiz12?fref=ts

He is busy with other musical stuff. Stuff that actually makes him money outside of his job.

Yeah, can't fault the man for doing what'll bring home the bacon.

He also posted that he's had to endure tendinitis lately. I was recently wondering the same thing.

Yeah, afaik he had some health issues which is why he haven't been able to play guitar so he has focused on some electronic stuff. I really hope that releases another Chimp Spanner album someday. :(

That's terrible to hear. Had no idea he's been battling tendinitis. I do hope he's recovering.

At The Dream's Edge is still one of my favorite instrumental albums of all time easily. And that track he released a little while ago (Aurora) was just awesome. I do hope he can release more stuff like this. It would be sad if he's decided to pursue other avenues but I certainly understand since this genre/style isn't going to make any one big bucks.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
At The Dream's Edge is still one of my favorite instrumental albums of all time easily.

For sure. Such great vibes on that record. I can't believe it's so old...10 years. Seems like yesterday I was finding this movement and music like his.

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
He's pretty active on another forum I use (ReasonTalk . com)

I hope he is well!

Genome

Reaction score
Had a decent chat with him last summer at a festival and he told me he's active musically, I think he mentioned stuff like indie films or games, and some commercial audio library type stuff. There is also a cool project with Dan Tompkins and Katie Jackson called Zeta.

Unfortunately I was a bit out of it on strong hayfever medication at the time :lol: and can't remember specific plans for Chimp Spanner but as mentioned he has been suffering from pains while playing. I said he should give the Petrucci warm-ups from Rock Discipline a go...

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
From Facebook:
Pauly Ortiz Lots of things happening for 2016. And Chimpspanner album def on its way !!!!
Like · Reply · 4 · January 11 at 10:05am

I know he posts here too

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Necrobumping this one to see if anyone has updates... on anything. How's Paul's health? Any word on this mythical new Chimp Spanner album, etc, etc.

Discuss!

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe I need to give Zeta more of a chance. I got through the 1st song, and about halfway through the second before bailing. It's just not my style. Can you recommend any specific songs off that album?

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Chimp spanner is probably my favorite of the Djent bands, I might see if he needs a bassist.

')