Whats your favorite energy drink

• Thread starter Wolfpack76
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I got my home made energy drink right here:

rancilio_all.jpg

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
One more for coffee (black, double-brewed Sumatra from a press pot), but the Monster drinks are pretty good.

The nice thing about the low-carb ones is that I seem to crash a lot less - no huge sugar low. But I usually have coffee and tea, so no big deal really.

Jeff

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Real Gold is my favorite. It's a Japanese energy drink that comes in a tiny can (the same size as the small coffee cans), a little smaller than Red Bull. It tastes good and you can feel the ENERGY. Supposedly it has tons of vitamins and minerals 'n' junk in it. The Coca Cola corporation puts it out in Japan (just like they put out Aquarius and green tea and stuff like that).

000000790.jpg

I don't know if "energy drink" would be the correct term since most of the stuff in it is healthy. They're technically called "genki drinks" in Japanese and "genki" can mean both "healthy" and "energetic." Stuff like Red Bull, Monster, and so on are pretty unhealthy, but Real Gold isn't bad for you, actually. But I'm sure the Red Bull and Monster fans would find it too weak and the fact that you can down it in one gulp might be disappointing to some.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't touch those things. High doses of caffeine + sugar doens't sit well with me. I have a coffee in the morning and i'm good to go.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Real Gold is my favorite. It's a Japanese energy drink that comes in a tiny can (the same size as the small coffee cans), a little smaller than Red Bull. It tastes good and you can feel the ENERGY. Supposedly it has tons of vitamins and minerals 'n' junk in it. The Coca Cola corporation puts it out in Japan (just like they put out Aquarius and green tea and stuff like that).

000000790.jpg

I don't know if "energy drink" would be the correct term since most of the stuff in it is healthy. They're technically called "genki drinks" in Japanese and "genki" can mean both "healthy" and "energetic." Stuff like Red Bull, Monster, and so on are pretty unhealthy, but Real Gold isn't bad for you, actually. But I'm sure the Red Bull and Monster fans would find it too weak and the fact that you can down it in one gulp might be disappointing to some.

I fucking loved that stuff when I was in Japan. I drank shit tons of Pocari Sweat too - I brought back a couple of those boxes of powdered Pocari Sweat that you make up to solution yourself. Rather akin to Lucozade Sport in its Isotonic nature but Pocari Sweat always struck me as being like 'wet' water. :lol:

I loved drinking it after working out. Wish i hadn't run out. :(

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score

000000790.jpg

Naren could you tell me what the ingredients are? Seeing it's in japanese and I can't read japanese :lol:

halsinden

it's a british thing
Reaction score
i think it’s rockstar that endorsed a few shows we did on the last US tour. apparently they may be coming onboard for the whole of the next one in june or something.

i kind of maxed out on them. in general, energy drinks can be hell on the system and actually quite fattening.

H

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's important to note that "energy drinks" and "sports drinks" are completely different things.

Energy drinks usually contain big doses of caffeine (or guarana, a naturally-occurring source of caffeine in the form of a very bitter berry) and sugar and usually some sort of mysterious herbal concoction. The high caffeine and sugar content usually makes them somewhat dangerous to combine with any strenuous physical activity, because the caffeine is a diuretic and you can get severely dehydrated, not to mention the stress the stimulants put on your heart. There have been quite a few reports of high school football players (and other athletes) chugging a couple of these "energy drinks" before a game and collapsing partway through, sometimes with fatal results.

Sports drinks, on the other hand, are usually water with electrolytes, minerals and sometimes vitamins to help replenish the water and other substances lost through sweating. They help to re-hydrate you.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Enjoy that aspartame ;)

Energy drinks :noway:

I know, you're right. However, it's not all energy drink that contains shit.
For the taste, i prefer sugarless Redbull, but that's the one i usualy drink :

Woah, that pic is big! :lol:

100% natural stuff.
A bit of cane sugar > refined sugar.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I know, you're right. However, it's not all energy drink that contains shit.
For the taste, i prefer sugarless Redbull, but that's the one i usualy drink :

Woah, that pic is big! :lol:

100% natural stuff.
A bit of cane sugar > refined sugar.

:yesway: Cane sugar FTW

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
There have been quite a few reports of high school football players (and other athletes) chugging a couple of these "energy drinks" before a game and collapsing partway through, sometimes with fatal results.

That's the problem with people and that kind of stuff : they can't stop after having just one.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
That's the problem with people and that kind of stuff : they can't stop after having just one.

because they drink it to help them be faster... then they get dehydrated... so they drink more... ad nauseam :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Naren could you tell me what the ingredients are? Seeing it's in japanese and I can't read japanese :lol:

On the label in the pic I posted, it says: "Regain your energy immediately! Real Gold nutritional drink. With: aspartic acid, royal jelly, and vitamins B1 and C2."

I've never really looked at the ingredient thing written on the back of the can.

')