Whats your favorite energy drink

• Thread starter Wolfpack76
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
"royal Jelly"? :rofl:

Reminds me of Loyal Jelly from the Barry Trotter series. :lol:

What's so funny about Royal Jelly? :confused: :scratch:

Maybe you're just not familiar with this kind of stuff: Royal jelly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take a gander.

Edit: Quote from Wiki:

People collect and sell royal jelly as a dietary supplement, claiming various health benefits because of components like B-complex vitamins such as pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine); it can also be found in various beauty products. The overall composition of royal jelly is 67% water, 12.5% crude protein (including small amounts of many different amino acids), and 11% simple sugars, also including a relatively high amount (5%) of fatty acids. It also contains many trace minerals, some enzymes, antibacterial and antibiotic components, and trace amounts of vitamin C.[1] Contrary to claims by many of those promoting its use, vitamins A, D, and E are completely absent from royal jelly.[1] Independent research has already disproved, or is needed to confirm or disprove, many of the purported health claims, such as reports of hormonal activity (unknown in the bees themselves, the most abundant sterol is cholesterol, which is not itself a hormone). To date, there is only preliminary evidence that it may have some cholesterol-lowering effects, as well as immunomodulatory, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, wound-healing and antibiotic effects, though the last three of these effects are unlikely to be realized if ingested (digestion of the substances involved, or neutralization via changes in pH).[3]

Royal Jelly has been reported to stimulate the growth of glial cells[4] and neural stem cells in the brain,[5] which may account for its reputation as a longer-term cognitive enhancer and as a beneficial agent in cases of Parkinson's Disease.

Royal Jelly might be effective as an immunomodulatory agent in Graves' disease.[6]

Nerina

mermaidunicornnymph
Reaction score
I might as well add my :2c:....

When I bartended I used to drink these

180.jpg

180 Tasted really good

adrenalinerush.jpg

thinkpink.jpg

I think the bartenders started drinking this because of the name alone, they got a kick of saying "I need Sum Pussie" :lol: They turned me on to it cause it tasted really good....

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Maybe you aren't familiar with the Barry Trotter series, Eric. :lol:

Barry Trotter | Characters & Glossary

Rubbish description, but in the book it is described as having "lots and lots of little kisses from the jelly" or something to that effect. I'll dig out the book and quote it. :D

Nope, never heard of it. But I took a look at that link and it's clear that "Loyal Jelly" is just a pun off of "Royal Jelly" (which has been around forever) since the description basically just describes royal jelly in a ridiculous and silly style: "a substance, made by a superaffectionate species of bee, which protects the skin." Of course, royal jelly is made by all queen bees. I'm guessing the "protects the skin" part might be a joke about royal jelly's health claims.

Yeah, I haven't read the book, so I can't see the humor in it. It'd be like laughing at calling a song "good can" instead of "good man." :shrug:

I assume it's a recent series parodying Harry Potter. Am I right?

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
Yet another vote for coffee here. Espresso, actually, which I make daily on my new espresso machine. The flavor is infinitely more interesting than any energy drink I've tried.

')