What's your favourite signature 7?

• Thread starter fps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
UV7BK, to this day it is my favorite guitar i have EVER played \m/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score

Is that the one that's the choice of Trey Azagthoth?
Always thought it was crazy he doesn't seem to have a sig guitar and uses the Universe, which is a Vai guitar really isn't it?

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I like these:

large.jpg

ESP_Stef-7_STG.jpg

I like green Strat-shaped 7s. :D

I also like this one.

ESPHex-7.jpg

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
Always thought it was crazy he doesn't seem to have a sig guitar and uses the Universe, which is a Vai guitar really isn't it?

im not sure about trey using or favoring them (i actually dont know who he is:idea:) but yes,they are the early steve vai signature 7, here is mine:shred:

DSCN9652.jpg

DSCN9646.jpg

DSCN9649.jpg

DSCN9650.jpg

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score

Yeah, the 7 you see him with most often is a green dot UV, he has a green pickguard on his though, has had it that way for as long as I can remember.

I think he has a back up UV green dot with a regular black pickguard, and at least one red RG7620 or something.

Anyway, my favourite 7 sigs

old Firespark Blue K-7 (Head signature) - so good, I bought one, had it about 6 years now, has an X2N-7 in the bridge which imo is not a great pickup. I will probably reinstall the PAF7 it came with.

n522430140_967977_8316.jpg

Marc Rizzo stealth 7 - I've been blown away by these Korean Bc Rich guitars after getting a JRV Icon Pat O'brien sig, incredible spec and quality for the price. This 7 will definitely be my next guitar.

SPRZ7O_sm.jpg

And of course, the UV77MC will always be my dream guitar :D

Ginsu

Reaction score
I personally like the Ibanez APEX100 (Munky from Korn's signature model) looks-wise. I haven't actually played one. And I really can't like the JPX7, having the tuning pegs split 5-2 like that drives me completely insane. o_O I have problems. I also like the newest UV model with the mirror pickguard. :D

klami

Reaction score
Even though I haven´t played one, I would say the Mayones Regius Elements (Daniel Gildenlöw sig), especially the Earth and Air models :agreed:
regius.jpg
(fire model)

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
As much as I hate the band and the music the man plays with this guitar, Chris Garza's signature Schecter is sexy as FUCK.

And, of course, the JP7, JPX7, and JP7 BFR.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

:agreed:

I don't just mean the old UVs, but specifically the UV7BK "Green Dots". I don't know what it is, but they've always seemed to play the best, even compared to the "Silver Dots" and "PWHs".

I've owned three "Green Dots", two "PWHs", and a "Silver Dot" and all three "Green Dots" (90', and two 91's) played better. It's probably just a freak occurance.

I might have played many guitars that were built better, sounded better, and had bigger price tags, but as far as pure feel nothing has felt better to my hands than an old school UV. The necks, contours, and trem feel like they were made for me.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
Out of interest, is Petrucci one of those guys who plays jumbo frets?

The JPXI has Medium Jumbo
The JPX has Jumbo, wide
The BFRs, Baritone and Originals have High Profile, Wide

So.... yes, kind of? :p

')