What's your favourite signature 7?

• Thread starter fps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez254

Central Scrutinizer
Reaction score
Bucky Pizzarelli Benedetto

Benedetto-Bucky1.jpg

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
I might have played many guitars that were built better, sounded better, and had bigger price tags, but as far as pure feel nothing has felt better to my hands than an old school UV. The necks, contours, and trem feel like they were made for me.

You know, it's kind of interesting... I think my RC7 plays a bit better than my UV7BK (probably because I'm just more used to it since I've had the RC7 for 1.5 years and the UV for 2 weeks, not to mention the UV needs and is currently getting a set up), but there's definitely something about the way the UV feels - neck, body, everything - that I just fucking love and draws me to it. It's a very difficult instrument to put down. I'm so glad I got it.

So, my votes for favorite production signature 7s (since I can't pick just one) and in no particular order:

UV7BK Green Dot
RC7G
JPX-7/JPXI-7

And going purely off of aesthetics since they're not in production yet:

Jackson Chris Broderick model (that trans white :yum: )
Peavey Devin Townsend V

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score

Yes! 'Bout time there was some love for this wallet-destroying monster. The giant frets, the super-deep cutaway, the ultra-thin neck, the low-profile trem... what's not to love about this guitar? Well, maybe the graphic is a little much for some, but I think it's pretty cool.

This is the guitar I would have bought if I'd had the cash. The Broderick 7 is shaping up to be awesome too, though I imagine it'll be similarly merciless on the bank account.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
The JPXI has Medium Jumbo
The JPX has Jumbo, wide
The BFRs, Baritone and Originals have High Profile, Wide

So.... yes, kind of? :p

Ha thank you for the information, it's a shame that I'm more confused than ever!

Erick Kroenen

Reaction score
this one

Attachments

• Chris+Broderick.jpg
    Chris+Broderick.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 35
  • l_4ea0fcea71cdad75ebf31e5e577e8659.jpg
    l_4ea0fcea71cdad75ebf31e5e577e8659.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 34

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
:agreed:

I don't just mean the old UVs, but specifically the UV7BK "Green Dots". I don't know what it is, but they've always seemed to play the best, even compared to the "Silver Dots" and "PWHs".

I've owned three "Green Dots", two "PWHs", and a "Silver Dot" and all three "Green Dots" (90', and two 91's) played better. It's probably just a freak occurance.

I might have played many guitars that were built better, sounded better, and had bigger price tags, but as far as pure feel nothing has felt better to my hands than an old school UV. The necks, contours, and trem feel like they were made for me.

I totally agree.

I had to sell mine to buy a sensible 6, but I've since recovered and can't wait to pick up another.

The bridge pickup wasn't for me, but that's an easy fix. How do you like the Blaze bridge? It was a nice change at first but I just got tired of the lack of focus...

UV7BK is one of my all time favourite guitars, I can't wait to pick one up over the next few months (COME ON PAYDAY!)

')