What's your favourite signature 7?

• Thread starter fps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I totally agree.

I had to sell mine to buy a sensible 6, but I've since recovered and can't wait to pick up another.

The bridge pickup wasn't for me, but that's an easy fix. How do you like the Blaze bridge? It was a nice change at first but I just got tired of the lack of focus...

UV7BK is one of my all time favourite guitars, I can't wait to pick one up over the next few months (COME ON PAYDAY!)

I actually really like the Blaze series of pickups. They're not super tight djent machines or ultra wide frequency clarity monsters like a lot of guys on here like, but they're smooth, big, and really sit well in a band/live setting.

I had a Blaze Custom in the bridge of my current UV7BK and recently switched back to the original Blaze. It's just one of those pickups I just keep coming back to.

As for the Blaze Neck, I fucking love it and don't see myself using anything else in basswood super strat 7s. It's warm and fat with just the right treble response.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I actually really like the Blaze series of pickups. They're not super tight djent machines or ultra wide frequency clarity monsters like a lot of guys on here like, but they're smooth, big, and really sit well in a band/live setting.

I had a Blaze Custom in the bridge of my current UV7BK and recently switched back to the original Blaze. It's just one of those pickups I just keep coming back to.

As for the Blaze Neck, I fucking love it and don't see myself using anything else in basswood super strat 7s. It's warm and fat with just the right treble response.

Mmmmm the Blaze neck I love, and I think the Blaze bridge sat nicely in the mix. I'm definitely not into djenty djent brootalz, I just like a bit of a kick, kinda like Timmons's sound, crunchy and fat. I think the Blaze Custom may be worth a shot, looks a little hot though...

I'll probably do what I always do and put the original back in eventually, I'm awkward like that :lol:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
E-AK-120.jpg

(Akiya from Kagrra,)

003.jpg

(Ruiza from D)

:wub:

Agreed with the Akiya sig... plays beautifully. But the Ruiza 7 is a custom not in production so it doesn't count... yet :lol:

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
JPXI 7! Followed by Chris Broderick's new amazing Jackson, can't wait to try it.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Mayones Regius Elements.
NEWSccb4098e22b2cb4a8cb1aaf77b7d92ba.jpg

That blue one needs to sit in the middle of my red guitars.

Neoclasiccl

Reaction score
Definately the RC7G. I have played every 7 out there and Rusty's is the best for my style of playing. It's harder to play it slow then fast :shred:

Here is mine with my Universe which was sold recently. It had sat in it's case for 1 1/2 years after the RC7 showed up. Had to get rid of it before the frets corroded LOL.
7strings2.jpg

Reaction score
My definite favorite production signature 7 would have to be the Music Man BFR JP7, in pretty much any finish. Those guitars are fucking awesome!

Some other honorable mentions that I routinely drool over are...
Music Man JPX and JPXI-7
ESP Stephen Carpenter 7 (the green one) or his Bari 7
Ibanez Korn signatures: Apex100TFB (sunburst), or older K7 models
Ibanez Universe (UV7BK, UV7PWH, UV777BK)

fps

Kit
Reaction score
My definite favorite production signature 7 would have to be the Music Man BFR JP7, in pretty much any finish. Those guitars are fucking awesome!

Some other honorable mentions that I routinely drool over are...
Music Man JPX and JPXI-7
ESP Stephen Carpenter 7 (the green one) or his Bari 7
Ibanez Korn signatures: Apex100TFB (sunburst), or older K7 models
Ibanez Universe (UV7BK, UV7PWH, UV777BK)

Great call, the Petrucci ones are truly beautiful guitars, although too intimidating to follow in the man's footsteps and pick one up. In an age where I feel there is actually a bit too much geekiness in the heart of the heaviest of metal, where the one-offs are being replaced by the theory guys, Petrucci is a master in a domain where such virtuosity is utterly justified, a man we can all look up to, who lives above any one stylistic realm and is truly well on the way to mastering his instrument, and I couldn't ever pick up one of his guitars frankly, it would be too ridiculous. I am trying to write great music, but I'm no great musician, and I wouldn't want to pretend to be either.

The ESP Stephen Carpenter guitars are amazing for sure I lusted after a green one (LTD) for a while before getting my Carvin. I made my choice, it was the right choice, still, they're great guitars.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
Great call, the Petrucci ones are truly beautiful guitars, although too intimidating to follow in the man's footsteps and pick one up. In an age where I feel there is actually a bit too much geekiness in the heart of the heaviest of metal, where the one-offs are being replaced by the theory guys, Petrucci is a master in a domain where such virtuosity is utterly justified, a man we can all look up to, who lives above any one stylistic realm and is truly well on the way to mastering his instrument, and I couldn't ever pick up one of his guitars frankly, it would be too ridiculous. I am trying to write great music, but I'm no great musician, and I wouldn't want to pretend to be either.

The ESP Stephen Carpenter guitars are amazing for sure I lusted after a green one (LTD) for a while before getting my Carvin. I made my choice, it was the right choice, still, they're great guitars.

I am by no means good at guitar and I still own 3 Petrucci models. You shouldn't let that sort of thing stand in the way of an instrument choice, IMO. :yesway:

Latest posts

')