Whats Your "Guilty Pleasure" Gear?

• Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spn_phoenix_92

The Black Winter
Reaction score
I'd have to say my K-7 since it's the only sig model guitar I own.
I dig Korn's music but I'm not a real fanboy, I got it as a backup
for my Universe when/if we start playing live.
I thoguht the K-7 is the Keith Merrow Schecter sig? :scratch: The Korn models are the Komrad & the Apex, unless it's an old one. I could just be confused since I should've went to sleep hours ago. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vrollin

Reaction score
I thoguht the K-7 is the Keith Merrow Schecter sig? :scratch: The Korn models are the Komrad & the Apex, unless it's an old one. I could just be confused since I should've went to sleep hours ago. :lol:

K7 was the original Korn sig.....

Rylynn

Reaction score
UKU-KTY-PNK.jpg

stevexc

Reaction score

K7 was the original Korn sig.....

To clarify, the Ibanez K7 is the old Korn sig, but the Komrad and Apex are the newer ones.

The Schecter KM-7 is the Keith Merrow sig.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
I'd like to have a big-ass tube head and 4 x 12 cab (probably ENGL or Mesa Boogie). I classify it my guilty pleasure because I'm not a "real amp" guy at all. My current rig is all digital: Axe-Fx + rack amp + FRFR speakers.

Wouldn't trade my rack/digital setup for the world, but I'd sure love to also have a real tube amp to jam on from time to time (seeing as how I've never played tubes).

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My Crate GFX50 Two-Tone. "State of the Art" (for late 1990's) digital effects, 12" driver and 50w SS Amp. BUT it has two inputs, so it's easy/fun to just plug-in with my daughter and play.

It also doesn't sound bad with a modern modeler in front with the headphone out plugged into the CD-in on the amp.

Ray

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
I want that and to be in a band that plays scary, filthy, and stupidly heavy dissonant metal. Artificial Brain like stuff.

The shows would be so confusing for the crowd.

Would be better if someone painted corpse paint on ms hello kitty :hbang:

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
^ that, or poured blood all over her face as if someone hit her head with a rock! Or both.

Govan Emmanuel

Reaction score
ibanez-pickups-v7+v8-0805.jpg

Sounds incredible with swapped magnets. :shrug:

4981.jpg

One of the best playing Fenders i've played... get bashed by many Strat & Fender purists for being out of place :lol:

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
^ what's out of place about it? it looks typically Stratish and H-H makes everything sound better.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
I have a weakness for Dean Flying V's, I don't know why but dean makes my favorite V. So classy.

usav77tcs.jpg

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I want that and to be in a band that plays scary, filthy, and stupidly heavy dissonant metal. Artificial Brain like stuff.

The shows would be so confusing for the crowd.

Or the gnarliest & blackest of death.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like Les Paul shaped guitars. I've always thought that they looked dumb and were overpriced!

Then Schecter did this:

387-2.jpg

...and now I'm GAS'ing so extremely hard for one of those! :lol:
I just want to buy one, drop tune it and have some fun with some big, ugly, heavy riffin! :mf666:

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
I got some of these "Grover" tuners from Hong Kong for my Iceman. They actually work quite well, no problems - but i'm pretty sure it's more than just myself that's guilty here....

$_12.JPG

Nats

Reaction score
I've gotten compliments on my bass tone just running through a boss bass eq and a $60 Art tube preamp from people running full Ampeg stacks. That should be every bassists' backup/guilty pleasure rig regardless how much of a tube/ampeg/full stack fanboy one is.

')