Whats your "stupid" reason for disliking a brand/piece of gear?

• Thread starter Ojinomoto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
IF EQ is what you want to mess with, get a 31 band or a Parametric one or somethin'.

Reaction score
IF EQ is what you want to mess with, get a 31 band or a Parametric one or somethin'.

A 31 band is just rigoddamndiculous. I'm happy with my tone pre eq. I just want to sculpt it a little more. 10 is more than enough. if you have to buy a 31 band eq..just buy a new amp

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Why is having too many options a BAD thing? Seems pretty counterintuitive for a website dedicated to people who can't get enough strings, Engls, and ridiculous pictures in their stories of utterly useless events, I'd say.

Jeff

Reaction score
Why is having too many options a BAD thing? Seems pretty counterintuitive for a website dedicated to people who can't get enough strings, Engls, and ridiculous pictures in their stories of utterly useless events, I'd say.

Jeff

Depends on what you're getting options for. There is such a thing as too much, even though I hate to say it.

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Erm...

You know, if you don't want to use 21 bands... you can just not use them. You can't use 31 bands of a 10 band equalizer. Anyone who's ever left for a party with only a single rubber will back me up on this one: it is MUCH better to have too many than too little.

Jeff

Reaction score
Erm...

You know, if you don't want to use 21 bands... you can just not use them. You can't use 31 bands of a 10 band equalizer. Anyone who's ever left for a party with only a single rubber will back me up on this one: it is MUCH better to have too many than too little.

Jeff

:lol: Alright. You win on that one

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet fucking Satan, little redhead with an ass from the gods and she loved yanking me around by the hair. One rubber. Crisis was averted thanks to a very convenient convenience store (isn't it lovely how those work out?), but do you have any idea how much of a pain in the ass it is to stare at AN ENTIRE AISLE of rubbers and not have a clue which ones to go for... while having trouble walking back to the counter and then getting stuck driving across town while fighting off road head that would certainly kill everyone involved and some innocent bystanders? Seriously, pack extras. They're cheap, they're worth it, don't get caught in that same boat.

Erm...

So... yeah. 31-band EQ. Awesome.

Jeff

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, i dunno. If you're using a rack then there is NO reason NOT to have a 31 band EQ. if you're not using an effects rack, then it might just be easier to have a 10-11 band or whatever. But considering i got my old 31 band off ebay for 30$+shipping, why the fuck not?

Reaction score
Well, i dunno. If you're using a rack then there is NO reason NOT to have a 31 band EQ. if you're not using an effects rack, then it might just be easier to have a 10-11 band or whatever. But considering i got my old 31 band off ebay for 30$+shipping, why the fuck not?

What frequency does a 31 go down and up to?

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
1) I fucking hate fenders..multiple reasons, I just fucking hate them. Too basic, too many dumb colors and they remind me of men in their 50's slowly dying inside and playing songs no one gives a shit about while their wife yells at them to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's.

:) :scratch: :ugh: :(

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I actual agree with the EQ thing - I had a 31-band EQ at one point and it was such a chore setting everything the way I wanted it. Sometimes it is too much, and you want something a little more vague I guess.

Jeff

Don't read my picstories then! :(

FoxZero

Zero Imperfections
Reaction score
1) I fucking hate fenders..multiple reasons, I just fucking hate them. Too basic, too many dumb colors and they remind me of men in their 50's slowly dying inside and playing songs no one gives a shit about while their wife yells at them to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's.
2)I usually hate "normal" shaped guitars. I like a weird shapes within reason and if the sound is good. (Higher end BC Rich, Moser, Monson, etc) In my personal opinion guitars should reflect the personality of the player, and having what everyone is having because it's conventional doesn't do much.
3)I won't buy an amp unless it has 3 channels even if I'll primarily just use 2. 20 years from now I just might want that unused channel..I want that option.
4)The amp HAS to be black, other colors are stupid. I'm not a goddamn rainbow.
5)I usually don't like anything stock and I have to customize it to be happy. So I'm never 100% satisfied with any brand until I make it better.
6)Mesa Triple Rectos....can't stand them, never could. I can't even stand things that sound like it (Yet I own a XXX and JSX..it's all about the EQ). They remind me of moronic kids who aren't really into guitar, but it's the new fad and their idiotic parents have the cash. And I'm sure other brands might be this way, but I have NEVER in my life seen gear that sold for list price. Mesa sells for list price (more actually once you add tax) for it's shit instead of knocking a couple hundred off like everyone else. Why? Because you'll pay for it.
7) I hate signature series (Except for the JSX, which I had to mod tone and looks wise until it's no longer a JSX). Stop trying to be "him" and be you, you no identity having condom spill.
8)And who the fuck ever decided everything "high end" needed a goddamn tremolo? Companies like BC Rich make their better axes standard with the things and if I want something without a tremolo I have to take a step down to some entry level shit. Gimme a goddamn string thru
9)I no longer care for ESP because compared to their Japanese counterpart, the Americans get jack shit..the same dumb ass models in a million colors as if that somehow gives variety. And STUPID ass signature models which cost close to double regular production models with the same if not more features (Check out the Wayne Static EX)
10)And last but not least..the Marshall 1960A cab. UTTER SHIT. The price is astronomical for a goddamn box with speakers and wheels and the sound transforms every amp you pair it with into garbage. "The broken in ones are great" you say? For all the goddamn money they charge they should break it in for you, and offer a couple BJ's to sweeten the deal. And still I wouldn't take it.
:noplease: :mad: :wallbash: :flame:
Shew! I feel better now...what was the topic again?

Wow. Except for the recto and trem part I totally agree with you :lol:

lol I gotta highend BC Rich and it's missing a trem, however it's like 8 years old.

Dud check this out.
Monson Guitars

My next axe is totally a seven string Virus! Sickest V I've ever seen!

I hate traditional bodies too, but I don't like to too crazy ones either. I like what you said about reflecting personality and the fucking strats and LPs just aren't me. Ever since I got my Mockingbird I vowed never to go back.

+rep for you sir!

Which oddly enough, i think almost all of it except the iron bird, stealth and assassin look REALLY corny and should be worn by guys in Motley Crue cover bands. :lol:

No Warlocks, Beasts, or Mockingbirds? :lol: Yeah I admit most of there designs sucks but ones like the stealth and the mockingbird fucking own!
CSG3280.jpg

Fuckin seven string custom shop stealth! Why did they stop making these?

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
I must admit that thanks to my new Ibanez I hate pickguards. Not sure what could make me hate tinkering with electronics more annoying than having to cram every bloody wire back into whatever cavity it's supposed to be in without breaking connections, puncturing wires, or just giving up on it entirely and wiring the bridge pickup directly to the output jack.

Jeff

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
String Retainers and string guides -- to me a sign of poor design and/or lazy workmanship to build a proper, strong, angled headstock.

And, to a lesser degree, non-straight string paths.

Ray

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
I must admit that thanks to my new Ibanez I hate pickguards. Not sure what could make me hate tinkering with electronics more annoying than having to cram every bloody wire back into whatever cavity it's supposed to be in without breaking connections, puncturing wires, or just giving up on it entirely and wiring the bridge pickup directly to the output jack.

Jeff

this is why my custom guitar's control cavity goes all the way through the body, with a pickguard on top (because on certain guitars, i like how they look), and a removable plate on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')