Whats your "stupid" reason for disliking a brand/piece of gear?

• Thread starter Ojinomoto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fretninjadave

Seven String Samurai
Reaction score
I dont like marshall .The reason is I had 2 marshal jcm900s with identical model numbers but the insides of them were put together with different components.They were stock heads

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
I don't like really sticky finishes. Gibson aren't my favourite brand, but I'd get a Gibson long before I get an Epiphone. I don't know what material they use for the clear-coats, but it sticks like crazy glue in my opinion.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I don't like really sticky finishes. Gibson aren't my favourite brand, but I'd get a Gibson long before I get an Epiphone. I don't know what material they use for the clear-coats, but it sticks like crazy glue in my opinion.

I have an Epiphone ES335 dot, and I love the feel of the glossy neck. :scratch: Having said that - I don't sweat at all while I'm playing, so stickiness isn't likely to be a problem.

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
I have an Epiphone ES335 dot, and I love the feel of the glossy neck. :scratch: Having said that - I don't sweat at all while I'm playing, so stickiness isn't likely to be a problem.
I'm mainly talking about the Les Pauls. The materials just really suck

but, to each his own i guess.

It's strange you don't sweat AT ALL. Be careful you don't combust :flame:

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
To each his own i guess.

It's strange you don't sweat AT ALL. Be careful you don't combust :flame:

:lol: Well, I mean in relation to other guitarists that have played my guitars. I've got one mate who literally leaves a layer of grime and filth across the back of the neck and strings after he has finished murdering it.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Seymour Duncan Blackout's, because they are emg wannabes.

:squint: Superflous apostrophe glower. :squint:

I'd really like to A/B Blackouts and EMGs, simply because there seems to be such strong opions from both camps regarding which is "better."

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
What 'LordOVchaos' said.

So many faggots in my area bought 5150's purely because this one guy had one who was actually a solid player and after his band got known around the country every man and his emo-ass dog was gas'ing for a Peavey.

EMG's - Everyone goes through a phase of being on EMG's cock - I did, until I tried them. Not for me, but then I saw people in my 'old position' praising them and obviously they had never played through them.

I just hate general sheep behaviour and gear that induces it and doesn't live up to a hype AND is just not a very good piece of gear.

My girlfriend looooooves sticky finishes :cool:

Wi77iam

Ibanez fanboi
Reaction score
EMG's - Everyone goes through a phase of being on EMG's cock - I did, until I tried them. Not for me, but then I saw people in my 'old position' praising them and obviously they had never played through them.

Now people are doing the same for Blackouts. I've got both, well "had" blackouts, they didn't have enough umph for me, but my EMG 81-7 did :metal:
which explains why they're gone now :lol:

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
I hate everything Dean makes because of their raping of Dimebags corpse and so on. I don't think it's a particularly stupid reason, but a lot my friends do, so whatever.

I don't like any guitar that doesn't have 24 frets. Well, it's not that I don't like playing it but 22 frets just seems wrong to me. 24 frets, 2 octaves, it just works. But because of that irrational reasoning, I can't buy a lot of guitars :lol:

Telecasters because the headstocks look stupid.

Parkers because they look retarded.

Any Boss stompbox because I tried a DS1 and a Metal Zone and they both sounded like shit. Although I have a Boss GT6 :lol:

Oh, and 24 fret guitars that don't have a 24 fret inlay. Not looking at anyone, JACKSON.

Reaction score
Ibanez..because they're just plain ugly and boring...

ESP because..well..they suck and are just plain boring

Not stupid reasons..but since this thread is back from the grave, I'll throw those in

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I like ESPs but I wish they wouldn't keep using that abalone shit on the necks, headstocks and bodies. I played a purple EC1000 the other day and it was amazing but the abalone just made it look like crap.

IMO the only guitars the 1000 series abalone fits is the snow white models, looks gorgeous on those but crap on the rest.

Hellfury

Black F***ing Metal!
Reaction score
Telecasters because the headstocks look stupid.

Agreed, I hate mine. . dunno why I have it

IMO the only guitars the 1000 series abalone fits is the snow white models, looks gorgeous on those but crap on the rest.

IMHO abalone looks pretty good on PRS

EDIT: Uhm random newb q,

How do I tell the year/age of my guitars? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')