Whats your "stupid" reason for disliking a brand/piece of gear?

• Thread starter Ojinomoto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Line 6, very much dislike them, although i've not tried the bogner ones, i'm still not all that up on their gear, the sound is meh to me

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I hate marshalls just because the gold plate panel makes me feel it sounds like a fuzzbox when distorted :noplease:

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I take off all the logos on the amps and cabs when I play because I got really sick of people judging my tone by brand alone. Most of the name plates just unscrew, and I get a lot more "wow that rig sounds great, what is it?".:lol:

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
Fender anything. why? because im supposed to like them or revere them

with that said i have an american strat and an deluxe american jazz bass

sigh...

Marshall because they are just soooooo typical.

does this make sense?
well thats not really the point is it?

GorillaSalsa

Reaction score
I hate gear that comes with preconceived notions, you know? I have never, and will never play through a Marshall amp because of the stigma attached to them. It seems like every drugged-out, drunk low life band from the 70s, 80s, etc. has used them and they come with that attached stigma.

I fucking hate pointy guitars for that reason. It's the reason I took the paint of my Intrepid (the color was "Bloodburst". Who the fuck plays a "bloodbursted" guitar through a Fender Hot Rod Deville 410?). Black guitars too.

That's part of why I loved the John Petrucci Signature guitar. Normal shape, nice colors, great features. That's it. No pointy bullshit or goofy paintjobs, just a straightforward, all business guitar.

</rant>

sonson_prest

In space Bret...
Reaction score
I personally will never ever be the owner of a signature <insert gear type here>. It just seems tacky, plus why would I want to sound like someone else? I have my own style, likes and dislikes...

Also Gibsons (any Gibson) - I just can't bring myself to look at one and seriously consider getting one. In fact the only way I would ever own one is if someone gave me one - even then, I would only own it for the amount of time it would take to flog it on ebay and use the cash to buy something a little more interesting.

Also as gorillasalsa said - pointy guitars are a no no. I can't take them seriously, I don't want to be playing a slow song with one - it'd look ridiculous. And it's probably quite dangerous - I've always wondered when there would be a news report about some kid falling of stage with one and getting impaled.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, they are stupid reasons :agreed:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Although I absolutely love the tone of a good Tele or Strat... I just CAN'T play them, or any other guitar with a non slanted headstock. It doesn't effect playability in any way, but just the look of it makes me feel weird playing it. I also hate when there's no binding on their maple boards, because then it's usually a solid piece or just really close to the neck piece, because it makes the neck appear fatter than it actually is, which in turn makes it feel weird even though it's no different.

Well.....well...your FACE is stupid:squint:

Did I mention I'd never play anything in a bright color because it just looks gay? Dark colors for me please with the exception of white.

:lol: I :wub: you Drakkar

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Fender: because its fender
Gibson: because its gibson
Marshall: because its marshal
Hollowbodies: because they're hollowbodies

And anything else I can't currently think of, I have real reasons but they're only mildly better than the ones I already gave.

Hellfury

Black F***ing Metal!
Reaction score
Gold hardware :noway:

I've grown pretty attached to my Oni now, I could see how in a few weeks, I might ban anything that is not an Oni from coming into my household.

Dan, better start making amps, picks, cables and pedals, then. ;) :lol:

Seriously, with all of the extremely fine builders out there, I think it's a travesty that companies like Gibson can still be the biggest manufacturer after 50 years of almost complete creative stagnation.

completely agreed:agreed:even PRS SE's are better IMHO lol

Fender: because its fender
Gibson: because its gibson
Marshall: because its marshal
Hollowbodies: because they're hollowbodies

And anything else I can't currently think of, I have real reasons but they're only mildly better than the ones I already gave.

reason I wanna sell mine:ugh:

Jackson: They're ugly IMHO.shoot me

minusthemonkey

Reaction score
Randall/Washburn: I've tried their products, really liked them, but can't seem to take them seriously. I have no idea why.
Dean: For going to the Dimebag well more than decency should allow.
ESP: For not putting out any of those insane Japanese-market-only guitars out in North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')