Whats your "stupid" reason for disliking a brand/piece of gear?

• Thread starter Ojinomoto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Love my Gibson Les Paul!
but Gibson because overpriced and build pointless overpriced signature guitars!!!!!!!

.......................and no 7 string production models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

screamindaemon

Overlord of Music
Reaction score
I fucking love that Splawn quote. I guess I won't be able to buy one of those amps or my hands would start to smoke just by touching it...

I hate, hate, hate angled necks. It may have had a use back in the day, but I think it's just a lazy way of building guitars now. Route the fucking bridge cavity. I promise you that the 5 milimeters you take out will not kill your wood resonating tone...
Also, guitar(s) (companies) that don't have 24 frets, and then tell me that I rarely use those notes so they aren't needed. It's a lame excuse. They may not be used all the time, but it's just lazy to not put them in.
Headstocks should be angled, and tuners should be organized for straight string off the nut.
Bridges should either be floating, or the strings should go through the body.

Also, I can't stand all black/white/candy finishes. It just seems to reek of cheap guitar hiding underneath. Give me a transparent finish and top wood.

armymen77

Reaction score
I fucking hate products endorsed by famous guys with gay pictures. It makes me not want to buy their shit. Here's a" cute puppy " like fag exemple. I just want to use their pics as target practice with my riffle.

Attachments

• zakkstack.jpg
    zakkstack.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 93

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Anything Zakk Wylde or Dimebag related.. I wont buy.

Although, I wouldnt qualify that as a "stupid" reason, cause they are so fucking lame that its actually reasonable.

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
I'll never play a Gibson, because their stuff is outrageously overpriced for the level of quality.

I'll never play a Marshall because they are the same way.

I'll have to agree on this one.

I pretty much refuse to buy anything Gibson or Fender. They seem to (ss.org forgive me) be too mainstream. I'm much happier with Ibanez or ESP or some other brand. It's like everybody plays Gibson or Fender. ALL the kids at my school, at some point or another, had a Squire guitar and it drove me batshit. I was happy to be the only one with a Schecter... Although one time I was riding in my friends car and in the back he had an LTD f-50... I was like :yum:

Mattnh79

kayke
Reaction score
My stupid reasons?

-> Something not being black or a dark colour when it comes to amps. I just couldn't buy something orange, yellow or white as an amp head. It just doesn't work, no matter how amazing it sounds

-> Too many other people owning one. What can I say, I am a sucker for stuff that I don't see anywhere else. As soon as there's too much of one thing then I'll just instantly be suspicious of it for some bizarre reason

Yet you have an orange cab:nuts:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I don't like sig guitars because I don't want to play something with someone else's name on it. :shrug:

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
Also, guitar(s) (companies) that don't have 24 frets, and then tell me that I rarely use those notes so they aren't needed. It's a lame excuse. They may not be used all the time, but it's just lazy to not put them in.

This isn't always a lazy thing. The neck pickup tone of a 22 fret guitar sounds totally different than the neck pickup tone of a 24 fret guitar.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I used to not be able to afford Gibson's and thought they were over-priced and because they never really change anything on their guitars besides price I didn't want one. Once Lee sent me "Heather", I became a quality snob and now I have 2 Gibsons (an SG and a LP respectively) and I can't really look at other guitars anymore. I see now why they don't change anything because they don't have too - they've had it right from the start.

Out of this Swirled

..... super regular
Contributor
Reaction score
I can hate a guitar because the headstock looks terrible, I can hate anything if the logo looks like shit (How sensible is that?)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yet you have an orange cab:nuts:

Look how long ago that was posted.

It's interesting to read through this thread and see that opinions have changed in many cases. It goes to show just how open minded people are, even when they say they aren't.

Or they're just gear whores.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Can't think of any for myself, but my mother made me wait an extra month for a special order black tolex Orange, because she didn't want a huge orange box in MY room :lol:

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
So much 5150/6505 hating. Cmon guys its a great sounding amp at a budget cost! Especially used. Also I hate Jacksons because whenever I see one I just cant help but thinking cheesy 80s hair metal and its such a turnoff.

Mattnh79

kayke
Reaction score
His Orange cab has black tolex.

sry, i forgot they had orange gear in black

k ill contribute now even though im a dipshit, i hate sig guitars like a lot of other people because ur paying for a SIGNATURE and SOMEONE ELSES SPECS, they should stop selling sig guitars, so people can stop being posers

Status
Not open for further replies.
')