Whats your "stupid" reason for disliking a brand/piece of gear?

• Thread starter Ojinomoto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
:lol: I'd just like to point out how ironic it is posting in a thread about one of your "Stupid" reasons for disliking a brand/piece of gear and then having people neg rep your 5 month old post :rofl:

Did I not just prove I thought it were a stupid reason?

Why don't I just go around neg repping every post in this thread?

Since then a friend of mine has installed an EMG 85 in his schecter and It sounds great through my randall - opinions change and I don't think everyone here deserves to be called a 'fucking tool'...(even though that isn't the case, it was just me:lol:)

Don't worry, I just find this hilarious.

Next time I'm at AA I'll stand up while someone is talking and call them a dirty binge drinker :rofl:

Edit: Oh and whoever counter repped, thanks :wub:

I've never had that whole "I hate sig guitars" thing going on. I kind of get it, but by the same token, who cares :lol:

I'm the kind of guy who says they're lame but when Ibanez come to him and say Hey wanna Signature I'd be like ".....................No...........................give me LACS access, homeslice"

GeoMantic

Reaction score
Dot inlays. I don't think it's a stupid reason, but other people seem to. I would take literally anything over dot inlays.

amadeus

Reaction score
I hate Dot Inlays Too, i also hate when the fretboard is blank (i get lost) But Shark fins Arrow heads Anything but those DAmn Dots

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Gibsons, Fender Guitars (Apart from JazzMaster/ Jaguar), Ibanez Guitars, Behringer and Marshall

No real reason I just don't get along with them lol

Hell a close friend of mine only plays Gibsons and Fenders through Marshalls and his tone is awesome, just not for what I play xD

Hollowman

Reaction score
Dimebag Signature gear. The amount of signature equipment put out by Dean and Krank, post-death, is insulting. They STILL use his name and likeness for their products, ESPECIALLY Dean. Dean keeps putting out NEW guitars that Dime never played. It's sickening.

Amen to that. they should not keep his name around as a cash cow.

My reason:
People and their ELITIST attitudes Dean Forum Reference which is why I don't go there anymore.

Stupid:
80's Kramer's Plywood is not a TONE WOOD
Ibanez RG's= cookie cutter guitars, good guitars but boring
Dean see above reason
Any guitar companies that make a shape similar to the B.C. Rich Stealth
Any company who is ridiculously overpriced

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
Ibanez, so many models i'd LOVE to have.... but I'm left handed.

I know lots of lefties who learned to play on standard (right handed) guitars. I don't see why you'd even bother looking at a lefty guitar. You're gonna be just as bad as anyone else when you first start out, regardless of which hand is your dominant. If anything you'd think that left handed guitar players would be BETTER with a right handed guitar, since their fretting hand would be the more dexterous of the two.

Not to mention basically going "No, I'd rather not have access to 95% of the guitar market. I think I'll just live off scraps and the pitty of the handful of guitar manufacturers that actually produce decent lefty guitars."

As for my gripe. Large center justified dot inlays. Fucking shoot me. Ibanez, I love you to death, but I swear on bizarro jesus that I'll murder you all if you don't stop ruining nice guitars with your terrible, horrible, stupid, large dot inlays. The RGA models might actually be worth buying if you fix that up.

While you're at it, the RGA guitars could use a little neck-thru love, and fret access above the 21st fret.

ALSO! ever notice how every person who gets LACS access makes a guitar without a tone knob? After all these years of marketing to metalheads, you'd think you guys would pick up on this fact. Especially since I KNOW you have guitars that only get released to the north american market. Volume knob placement is annoying as well. Ask any ibanez player. STUPIDEST volume pot placement ever. It constantly gets in the way, and most ibanez players have to adjust their upper string picking style to avoid hitting the volume, slowly turning your guitar off while you play, especially those with a closed hand picking technique.

Admittedly the RGD is a VERY good step in the right direction. Paul gilbert, Mick Thomson, and john petrucci all moved their volume pots on sig models, and they can't all be wrong.

While you're at it, stop putting shitty pickups in every single guitar. I've never played an Ibanez that came with stock pickups that were worth keeping. But this was before you started adding EMG's, so kudos for that.

ONE MORE THING!!! Release guitars in more than one god-damned color. shitty blue sparkle as the only available color for an otherwise amazing guitar. Seriously. "Hey guize, we spec'd out a shredder's dream 6 string and then painted it like a giant bag of dicks so that no one will buy it lol"

Idiots.

RECAP!!

Moar Neck-thru
No dots
No tone pots
Move volume away from bridge
Better RGA upper fret access
Better pickups

Then give me a free LACS, because implementing these ideas will make you a SHITLOAD of money.

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
I like having a tone pot and an easy to access volume pot :shrug: And blue sparkle >> any variation of black.

Yes Ibanez overdoes the whole black thing. This is why I only have one black guitar. But more than one color...sorry, more than one color per year.

If the 27 fret Xiphos cam in satin white and black, I would own 4 of those, not RGT's. Even the limited run white version of the 24 fret xiphos was the sexiest thing ever, but it got pulled and they wen't back to selling the HIDEOUS chameleon finishes.

As for the volume pot, even if it was simply slid back horizontally about 2 inches, there'd still be tonnes of space to play, and it'd still be easy to access.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Fret access looks pretty good to me

sub1.jpg

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, surely I'm not the only one that has never had issues with the volume pot position on Ibanez guitars?
If anything it seemed a vast improvement over the Strat volume pot position and not once during the time I've had my RG 7421 (which is nearly a year now) have I ever hit the volume pot while playing and I hit the strings pretty damn hard while playing rhythm

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I hit the volume all the time on my RG's, it's fucking annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')