Whats your "stupid" reason for disliking a brand/piece of gear?

• Thread starter Ojinomoto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
  • Cheap ass cables (leads). Is it just me, or does a lot of instrument cables break way too fu#"¤ easy ? I buy the most expensive ones they have (Monster, Planet Waves etc.) and they usually last a bit longer, but I hate that they can't make a cable that will actually last for years. I started soldering my own cables now.

Why don't you just use george l cables, they sound way better and last much longer than any other cable Ive used. Also they are solderless and are easy to change size or if you get the kit you can make the cables all custom lengths.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Why don't you just use george l cables, they sound way better and last much longer than any other cable Ive used. Also they are solderless and are easy to change size or if you get the kit you can make the cables all custom lengths.

Do they have these in most stores or do you have to get them online?

riffist

Reaction score
I don`t like signature gear in general but signature LPs drive me batshit. The LP is a Les Paul signature model. Just something about doubling up on the sigs bothers me.

I don`t like strat based shapes. It`s not a deal breaker because so many good guiars use them. But this is mass madness you maniacs.

Any Fender shape, now that I`m thinking about it, is awful.

I don`t like all the tuning pegs on one side of the headstock. Split em up.

Don`t like trems of any sort. I also don`t like that they are called trems. Tremolo is fluctuations in volume, not pitch.

Jzbass25

Reaction score

Ive never seen them in any of my stores but I highly recommend them, I didnt expect to hear a difference but I actually did once I got it haha. I just need to find the money to outfit my whole rig with the cables now.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
I slightly dislike peaveys thanks in part to their ugly pointy logo. I like their old one better.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Ive never seen them in any of my stores but I highly recommend them, I didnt expect to hear a difference but I actually did once I got it haha. I just need to find the money to outfit my whole rig with the cables now.

Cool I'll check em out. They sound expensive, though. :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Try out some Cannare or Mogami custom cables, you can get them for under $1.00 a foot at Redco Audio - Redco Audio Home Page. Use some high quality Neutrik jacks and you can make cables that go for over $100 for about $10. You just have to make four small, easy solder connections per cable.

George L's cable is pretty awesome, it sounds good and last pretty well, but it's crazy overpriced considering it's only "advantage" is the solderless connectors.

You can get Mogami (look at reviews online, some consider them the best out there) cable for as little as .36$ a foot compared to George L's $1.95 a foot. The Neutrik connectors are cheaper as well at $3.74 compared to George L's $8.25.

You could literally re-cable your rig three times over with Mogami or Cannare compared to George L's, and still have enough for a couple packs of strings, a case of beer, and a steak to grill up. :lol:

Not hating on George L, they make GREAT cable, and they're solderless system is fucking awesome, I just don't think the prices are comparable to the product. I've used some George L cables, and still have some lying around, I find their pre-fab cables to be a pretty good deal compared to other brands out there.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Mogami? Under $1/foot? Shut yo mouf! Really??????

**Clicking link immediately**

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went there and I'm already all about that site. :agreed:

Thanks, man.

Happy to spread the word man. :)

Everyone should custom cable their rig. The capacitance you remove from your rig by shrinking cable runs can make a huge difference, especially on more complex rigs, or those with a lot of pedals/loops.

Also, Pro Tip, if you know you need 20 feet, order 25 feet. At first cutting the cable can be a bitch, so you'll probably have to cut the same end a couple times. You'll get the hang of it though. :yesway:

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
...kinda like the kids who think buying Nikes will make one jump/run/play better.

My Nikes did make me jump higher and run faster!:bowdown:

For some reason I hate Fender products. For no real reason.

I hate Gibson's cause...well they are Gibson.

And Marshall Amps (not cabs).

I dislike the fake gold hardware too.

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
i dnt like les paul shaped guitars, theyre ova used, u cnt put on music channels with out seeing a LP guitar, nd idnt like marshells=
1)ova used in the main genre i play, i use a vox amp to play death metal, ill NEVER use a matshell.
2) k this one aint so dumb imo, dnt like the tone of one i played in the usa, it didnt hold the low end of teh 8 string atall well.
3) dnt like the logo.

plus i cnt stand anything dats a sig connected to metallica

GeoMantic

Reaction score
i dnt like les paul shaped guitars, theyre ova used, u cnt put on music channels with out seeing a LP guitar, nd idnt like marshells=
1)ova used in the main genre i play, i use a vox amp to play death metal, ill NEVER use a matshell.
2) k this one aint so dumb imo, dnt like the tone of one i played in the usa, it didnt hold the low end of teh 8 string atall well.
3) dnt like the logo.

plus i cnt stand anything dats a sig connected to metallica

What did he say?:ugh:

Soopahmahn

Tu ne cede malis
Reaction score
Recto anything, because I can't ever get them to sound like anything other than buzzy farty shit. Still waiting for someone to come along and show me the light, but until then... :lol:

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
What did he say?:ugh:

i siad ' i dont like les paul shaped guitars, theyre over used, u cant put on music channels with out seeing a LP guitar, and i dont like marshells =
1)over used in the main genre i play, i use a vox amp to play death metal, ill NEVER use a marshell.
2) k this one aint so dumb in my opinion, dont like the tone of one i played in the usa, it didnt hold the low end of the 8 string atall well.
3) dont like the logo.

plus i cant stand anything dats a sig connected to metallica'

now please will pepol stop commenting on my typeing, my laptops keyboard is rubbish. and i cant spell some words for shit.

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
I refuse to ever play a 6505 or anything of the nature.they're fuzzy shit and lack the tone I need.they sound dull as shit.
I hate dean due to the whoring of dimes name and for the fact I could give two shits about dime.
I also hate dean for those god awful headstocks.
Their designs look like shit too.
I despise anything fender.utter twangy shitballs, I hate it.

Marshall JCM series,tonal shit.
Active pick ups.cold warmthless shit that's thin and plastic sounding.only belongs in basses IMO

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
Some high end Peavey guitars are pretty great pieces of gear, but, I don`t know...are Peavies...

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Anything by Dean and any guitar that has an ugly headstock no matter how nice the rest of the guitar(ie, love teles, hate the headstock, same with anything by G&L)....especially guitars that have 4 pegs on one side and two on the other(ernie ball/music man and the like)...either even it out (3 per side) or all on one side. I can't stand something that looks like an afterthought...or no thought at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')