Whats your "stupid" reason for disliking a brand/piece of gear?

• Thread starter Ojinomoto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1) I fucking hate fenders..multiple reasons, I just fucking hate them. Too basic, too many dumb colors and they remind me of men in their 50's slowly dying inside and playing songs no one gives a shit about while their wife yells at them to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I said the same thing on a bass forum (where I got this thread idea) and I got ripped to shreds! They even removed my post! NICE that someone else thinks the same thing. +Rep

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow....that Von Dutch thing disgusts me...

I always wondered where it came from, the clothing is everywhere now.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow....that Von Dutch thing disgusts me...

I always wondered where it came from, the clothing is everywhere now.

Same here. THe first time i heard it of it was Anna Nicole Smith plastering it all over herself. I thought she made it up. Or was somehow invovled in its creation.

Reaction score
Erm.....wow Drakkar....you said alot there... :lol:

I disagree with almost everything you just said :wub:

I'm sure a lot of people will. I never seem to have the most favored opinions regarding any topic. To each their own..I enjoy being the weirdo

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Same here. THe first time i heard it of it was Anna Nicole Smith plastering it all over herself. I thought she made it up. Or was somehow invovled in its creation.

I bet he is doing pained somersaults in his grave right now...it's like....using Bill Hicks image to popularise George Bush....

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I can see you like B.C. Rich stuff.

Which oddly enough, i think almost all of it except the iron bird, stealth and assassin look REALLY corny and should be worn by guys in Motley Crue cover bands. :lol:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What's my reason?

Because Dino doesn't use it. :lol:

Totally kidding.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Which oddly enough, i think almost all of it except the iron bird, stealth and assassin look REALLY corny and should be worn by guys in Motley Crue cover bands. :lol:

I just hate the "vibe" of those guitars...never liked the looks feel or sound :shrug:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I just hate the "vibe" of those guitars...never liked the looks feel or sound :shrug:

There's another side of it, too. I've never really played one i've dug. Im sure they're good guitars, but, eh. Not my thing.

Reaction score
:shrug: opinions.

What stuff do you like? :scratch: I can see you like B.C. Rich stuff.

Wow..here we go

I can't say I'm a fan of B.C. Rich..their customer service is miserable and I don't like most of their models. The Draco however in my opinion is the best thing they've ever done.

I love the Peavey JSX and XXX. I'm not happy with anything else and I've tried everything short of the boutique stuff that stores around here don't carry.

I really like those Behringer cabs with the Jensens. My guitarist has a marshall cab and I was so glad I went the "cheap" route and bought the behringer that it's not even funny. I am experimenting with different speakers however. Not that I dislike the stock ones, but I just want to try other options.

I love EMG HZ 1's. I hate the active EMG's but those passives kick ass. ESPECIALLY with an afterburner

BBE Sonic maximizer=:hbang:

Despite my dislike for ESP, I do own an ESP FB-200 that's my baby. I had two but traded one for the Draco.

Believe it or not, I love the Epiphone Goth V. It's a surprisingly good guitar. I'd love a Gibson Goth V..but this one will keep me happy, especially since I modded it with satin black diamond plate, emg's, afterburner and black skull knobs

I could go on but I figured I'd just go with my current gear for now.
LET THE SCOFFING BEGIN!!!!!!:fawk:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, I tend not to try and rip apart peoples opinions, but I'd personally be miserable with that rig.

I love Mesa stuff...Schecter stuff, dislike the BBE (had it, used it for awhile, it fucked up the high frequencies, now it's in the "random shit" pile) I HATE EMGs....I much prefer SD passives...Fender Strats have magical powers. I prefer Single cut and non-rg strat style guitars....

We're polar opposites :lol:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
dislike the BBE (had it, used it for awhile, it fucked up the high frequencies, now it's in the "random shit" pile)

Same here. To me, it was the "Bad gear Band-aid". The better equiptment i got, the less i used it.

Reaction score
My theory is it can make a cab that's not really what you want, sound like it might be what you want, but it still lacks...

I'm considering replacing them with 10 band eq. I havent gone for it yet, but since I like to constantly tinker the 10 band would be my best shot. I love my BBE's, but even I know it's just a "dummy" eq for boosting lows and highs, but I like what it does.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
That's basically what it does...I'd rather just buy a cab that has the tonal properties that I want.

And I did :D

What I disliked about the BBE was it made the highs sound harsh and processed.

Reaction score
:wavey:
That's basically what it does...I'd rather just buy a cab that has the tonal properties that I want.

And I did :D

What I disliked about the BBE was it made the highs sound harsh and processed.

I definately see your point. The highs on the BBE can kill you. In a way it is sort of a temp. band aid. I originally bought it because of the rave reviews and wheras I see their point and I love the BBE, I think a 10 band will give me better control. Great if you know what you want and can use it for that, however it's not the end all be all solution to amps. And yes Zepp, we're opposites. Now we just need light sabers and we can handle this like men :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')