When did a new isp decimator come out?

• Thread starter Mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

Reaction score
Cause they are not marketing this thing at all and I can't find any demos of it.

Their description (aside from all the nonsense marketing jargon) actually makes it sound like it's utilizing some type of key input like the most recent wave of zuul/modified zuul/2203kk gates. I know the previous decimator II G string said it also tracked but I owned one and call bs. It never felt like it tracked squat compared to how key gate pedals are able to open and close using a clean signal feed.

I've owned all of the decimators and have a love hate relationship with them. Tempted to try this one anyway though and see if it's truly some type of combination of current gating tech with ISP's noise detection expertise.

Edit: Also found a longer write up on the new pedals technology in the news section of their site (so I suppose that answers the when lol):

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
This is news to me. I've got 2x Decimator II pedals on my Triaxis board (one after input buffer, one after boost pedals) connected via the 1/8" link cable; the 2nd gate does follow the input signal from the link. I've got a Decimator II G-string on my Mark 525 board. That one also tracks the input from the buffer. I don't even use the loop out on that since my Fryette buffer has two outputs.

I also have a Decimate X on my solid state Crate board. That is just a single-ended gate after the input buffer since I didn't want to invest heavily in it. All three Decimator setups I use (four pedals) are superior to the Rocktron Hush or the Electro Harmonix Silencer pedal that I tried.

I wouldn't mind looking into this new X version just to reduce the number of pedals on my Triaxis board from the 2x Decimator II pedals down to one pedal.

')