When do you guys usually listen to music?

• Thread starter moraghath107360
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

moraghath107360

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
While driving? Working on the PC? Going to the gym?

I'm curious when other people like to catch up on new music, relisten old favourites etc. I typically listen to music while answering emails, doing computer work and driving. Sometimes while I work out but I haven't yet been able to find decent wireless headphones for that. Also I'll put aside time every few days just to go check out new releases and search the depths of metal-archives for new bands.

Oh and also while cleaning my room, I need the motivation :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Since working from home, it's been pretty much all music all the time. In the morning while I'm having coffee; I've also set up a second stereo system in the kitchen where I work, so all day while I'm on the work computer; I make mixes to listen to for my afternoon walk and for running errands, and always while I make dinner. The evenings belong to my wife, so that's when the TV goes on, but if I wasn't married, I'd still be throwing on my albums.

Adieu

Reaction score
Driving, vacuuming, during simple or mind-numbing work

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
It's about 6 a.m. here and I just woke up.... listening to Frank Zappa's 1988 Barcelona concert. Seems there's music playing somewhere in my house almost constantly. While driving, music is on just about the whole time. There are certainly days where I don't have the opportunity to listen to much but on the average out of a 24 hr day... I probably spend roughly 15 hours +/- of playing or listening to music. And it's pretty random but really anytime of day is fair game for music.

Alex79

Reaction score
At the moment, mostly late in the afternoon on headphones when most of my colleagues have gone home and it’s only me left in the corridor. When I get home it’s just kids, kids, kids then.

Occasionally while washing the dishes.

It used to be bus/car and gym for me, but now I take the bike to work and Corona has ruined going to the gym for me, plus I don’t have the time anymore as well.

michael_bolton

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
mostly when doing house chores. distant second would be while working. once a week or so I crank a proper turntable/receiver/floor speakers setup.

srob7001

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Always...driving in the car, working at computer, doing chores around the house, fun time with the ladies.

Pretty much anytime I'm not talking to others, music is going, and even when it isn't playing, it's still going in my head.

I can't make it stop....help me....please.

Thesius

Reaction score
Usually when I'm sleeping honestly. Put on Spotify at work, listen to music when I'm at home doing other work. Covid chopped my social life so I don't really go out. Been nice for discovering new music honestly

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Literally the moment I’m not talking to someone I’ve got music on.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
every second of every day pretty much, walking places, working out, and once I get to places I'm either doing something music related or I'm putting some on bc I'm home

Dayn

Reaction score
When do I not listen to music: when others are around, when it's not practical and easy to listen, or when I want to focus and be aware in the moment and enjoy silence.

I listen basically any other time.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Used to be nearly 24/7 if I wasn't engaged in conversation in the flesh. If it was virtual though? Still listening.

These days though? Playing guitar (covers), certain casual videogames (e.g. League TFT), household tasks, driving solo, that's about it.

That doesn't mean I don't *actively* seek out music much these days, a lot of my spare time is still spent browsing YouTube, Soundcloud, Reddit, Instagram, and certain niche forums like SSO to discover new music, but my *passive* listening has drastically decreased.

My Spotify Yearly Review used to push 200,000+ minutes of listening on Spotify, these days it'd be lucky to push over 40,000 on a good year.

It sort of coincided with a shift in my music taste and engagement as well. There were certain communities I was heavily involved in but basically quit cold-turkey, specifically the underground rap/beatmaking community as I entered a period of life where I didn't have the time nor energy to commit to producing beats anymore. Guitar was something I could always pick up for 5-10 minutes and be content, but a beat would take an hour or two minimum to get in the zone.

Latest posts

')