When do you guys usually listen to music?

• Thread starter moraghath107360
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CovertSovietBear

ブロリー
Reaction score
When I actually try to enjoy music I lay down somewhere without looking at my phone or other distractions, but usually I'm passively listening the two hours I usually spend at the gym. At the gym it's more of a wall of enjoyable sound rather than actively listening, but if I'm going heavy I usually play something equally heavy

moraghath107360

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
When I actually try to enjoy music I lay down somewhere without looking at my phone or other distractions, but usually I'm passively listening the two hours I usually spend at the gym. At the gym it's more of a wall of enjoyable sound rather than actively listening, but if I'm going heavy I usually play something equally heavy

This summarized exactly the way I do it. Heavy tunes and heavy lifting are a match made in heaven (or hell, whichever you prefer)

Reactions: Rei

VGK17

Reaction score
My favorite time to listen to music is when driving. I'll just go drive around for a few hours listening to music.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I dedicate an hour or so a day to sit in a comfortable, leather chair, and have my stereo system turned up, with my new LP on the turn table, and the speakers at 10:00 and 2:00 to the chair, so I can get a good stereo spread. I've got my Onkyo receiver/amp that I'm really happy with.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
OK, I'm just fucking with you. I don't live in a 1980s advertisement.

I'm like most of you - in the car, mainly, or wherever I can. My wife hates the music I listen to, and, though I hate the banal top 40 stuff she listens too, I tolerate it, because that's not a hill I want to die on, lol.

I WILL say that these damned good, addicting podcasts are making it difficult to listen to music. I'm super into a couple of them (Darknet Diaries is my latest one) and I've been listening to that more and more in the car.

Steo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For the most part, it's streaming during work since my colleges put on god awful commercial pop radio. Same If I'm out walking or cooking dinner. Really need to make time to break out the vinyl again. Bern to long

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I dedicate an hour or so a day to sit in a comfortable, leather chair, and have my stereo system turned up, with my new LP on the turn table, and the speakers at 10:00 and 2:00 to the chair, so I can get a good stereo spread. I've got my Onkyo receiver/amp that I'm really happy with.

Holloway is the Maxell logo guy confirmed

Wc707

Reaction score
In the car like many, but I can also listen at work because I have speakers near my lab bench [environmental scientist]. However, I can't really focus and listen to the intricacies at work like I can in the car or at home.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
driving, working out, cooking, hanging out at home or playing certain games like LoL TFT/hearthstone.
Caveman slam, deathcore and hardcore stuff are my personal picks for working out.
More chugs/breakdowns=I lift more.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
Pretty much 99.9% of the time I'm driving. I can't drive in silence so I either just talk to myself while driving, or have music on. Or both.

At home or school, I'll listen to music when I'm bored just to keep myself occupied or if I'm doing something else such as playing games or reading or doing stuff around the house.

Then the real obvious time I'll listen to music is when I'm playing/practicing guitar and drums.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pretty much anytime I'm in the car driving around. When I'm work, and when I'm reading. Then of course if I'm trying to learn a song

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
The commute. It's a love/hate thing for me... In Chicago, I was doing 45min ~ 1hr, and I would fuggin crank it, even get some karaoke going. But often the traffic was so hectic that I couldn't focus on the music.

Now I'm on the train and the bus, and I can listen to music closely, fully invested, for 2 hours every day. It's actually been kinda great. My dispatch company has a new contract only 30 minutes from my house, but I'm almost not even sure if I want it. That's 30 min door to door, so probably a little less of active listening. That's not even a full album a day. I mean it sounds great... But recently I've been enjoying music in a way and at a rate that I haven't for years.

')