Where do you put the stuff in your pockets lol

• Thread starter bloodjunkie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bloodjunkie

Reaction score
Alright dumb question but after countless amounts of shows I still don’t know the best place to put the stuff in my pockets. I don’t feel comfortable putting my wallet/phone etc. in my guitar case because the case itself could get stolen or accidentally taken while you’re playing(probably an irrational fear but not impossible obviously).

I think I used to throw everything under my cab but I don’t feel great about doing that anymore either. Where do YOU put your stuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fanny pack or one of those dorky biker shirts with the pocket on the back that @Drew probably looks handsome in.

But for real, I'd keep a car key rubber banded to my ID, a card, and like $20. Everything else stays in the locked vehicle. It was usually thin enough to stay put in any pocket.

Edika

Reaction score
I haven't played live in ages, but why not have them on you while you play? Unless you're literally going wild on stage, I don't see them being a hindrance? Otherwise locked vehicle, your merch guy, if you have that, or a friend that attends the show?

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
We have a drawer in our 19" rack where I can drop them in (its exacly for that...) but in reality I just leave it in my pockets or drop it with my girlfriend or something

bloodjunkie

Reaction score
I haven't played live in ages, but why not have them on you while you play? Unless you're literally going wild on stage, I don't see them being a hindrance? Otherwise locked vehicle, your merch guy, if you have that, or a friend that attends the show?
If you’ve ever tried to sit down with a guitar with a giant wallet in your front pocket it’s like that; to leave it in there is unfathomable. Leaving it in a vehicle is sketchy and to leave it in someone else’s possession seems sketch too. Not saying either aren’t viable options but just that break-ins and human error are all too common. The rack thing is genius but I just use a tube head and some pedals. Actually I might I have space under the pedal board now that I think about it…

bloodjunkie

Reaction score
Fanny pack or one of those dorky biker shirts with the pocket on the back that @Drew probably looks handsome in.

But for real, I'd keep a car key rubber banded to my ID, a card, and like $20. Everything else stays in the locked vehicle. It was usually thin enough to stay put in any pocket.
That’s not a bad idea either! I’d feel less worried about the wallet going missing. I can say for sure that while touring Europe the passport was the one thing that never left my pocket EVER.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I have stage shoes - keys phone wallet go in one reg shoe while I play.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I always kept my cases in my line of sight since most venues didn't have racks for guitar swaps. Just stash your stuff in your case and keep it off to the side of the stage so you can bum rush anyone would be thief.

How much are you carrying around in your pockets that it's so inconvenient while playing, though?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I always kept my cases in my line of sight since most venues didn't have racks for guitar swaps. Just stash your stuff in your case and keep it off to the side of the stage so you can bum rush anyone would be thief.

How much are you carrying around in your pockets that it's so inconvenient while playing, though?
I dunno about anyone else but I hate the feeling of anything bulking up my pockets while I play. I also like to move around a lot though.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I dunno about anyone else but I hate the feeling of anything bulking up my pockets while I play. I also like to move around a lot though.
I keep my guitars strapped up pretty high, so I guess it's never bothered me. I could see how that would be annoying if the guitar sat on around that point on my legs now that I think about it. Also, I haven't played out in like a decade and phones have definitely gotten bigger and the cases, bulkier :lol:

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I always kept my wallet on me. Phones were usually on stage nearby or in my back pocket I stead of front pocket. I'd usually keep keys nearby but probably left them in my pocket fairly often despite pounding my fists on my bass lol

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score

:lol:

Honestly, I've never had so much in my pockets that I felt like it was interfering with playing live. How much DO you carry around with you? :lol:

bloodjunkie

Reaction score
Okay enough people have asked at this point haha:

The right - a massive wallet, earplugs case, car keys(with a large fob plus at least 10 keys on the ring)
The left - phone with case, earbuds, phone stylus that is the size of a regular pen(it’s also a pen)

I left all the stuff in my pockets by accident for a promo shoot and it basically looks like I have thunder thighs.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay enough people have asked at this point haha:

The right - a massive wallet, earplugs case, car keys(with a large fob plus at least 10 keys on the ring)
The left - phone with case, earbuds, phone stylus that is the size of a regular pen(it’s also a pen)

I left all the stuff in my pockets by accident for a promo shoot and it basically looks like I have thunder thighs.

You know, the fanny pack was a joke, but maybe it's the answer.

The whole 90's throwback thing is still cool, right?

I mean, I guess it doesn't have to be a fanny pack, small EDC bags are popular. They're basically purses, but who cares?

Cargo shorts? Maybe that's why all those thrash dudes wear camo cargo shorts.

I totally get your struggle. I have to have tools and all kinds of stuff on my person at work, so I'm always trying to figure out what to do with everything.

Strobe

Reaction score
Perhaps a vest or a jacket with pockets? Some stages are hot and this sucks, but I live in a frozen land, and especially during winter some venues are on the colder side. Side benefit, it has pockets.

I do this (singer below).

MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png