Where do you think this is leading? (diet advice needed)

• Thread starter Rusty_cooley702
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
If you starve yourself, then your metabolic rate will go into starvation mode. When you then stop dieting like that, you'll put the weight straight back on as your body prepares for the next famine.

Also, more muscle burns more energy. SO I'd basically have breakfast, lunch, dinner. Don't eat junk food, don't eat stuff that is fatty, just have homemade meals. Eat brown rice and pasta, and avoid processed wheats like white bread (and some brown ones which are just white bread made brown) eat lean meat for protein, vegetables vegetables vegetables.

Also learn to cook. You'd surprised at how great food tastes that you've made from scratch, and it's relaxing to do.

Then, just do excercise, running etc to burn energy, and do some light weights to build muscle. At 14 you are endangering your skeleton which is still growing if you lift stuff that is too heavy so be carefull. Then take up a sport that you like :)

Basically if you are going to excercise, then you need to eat. If you eat the recommended calories a day over 3 meals, and excercise , drink water, then you'll end up being the weight you want, and you'll end up staying that way as well, instead of crash dieting which will just mean your body puts on weight when you stop. Also remember that muscle is heavier than fat, so it's best to measure weight loss.

And I went out with someone who'd done the no eating thing, and it had basically permanently damaged her metabolism.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Another fact:

People who don't eat breakfast are on the whole fatter.

Having breakdfast kicks your metabolism in, starts it burning energy, and gives you energy to keep going, so have it, even if it is a bowl of fibre cereal (no sugar, skimmed milk. I always had skimmed milk as a kid, and full fat was just too much to drink).

Don't worry too much about weight now, just get into the habit of excercising, cooking your own food, not eating junk food or any of the crap you'll find at the mall, not drinking soft drinks loaded with sugar.

Basically kool aid is loaded wiith sugar. Get rid of it. Orange juice is good, but get the freshly squeezed stuff so you get the pulp as well. Don't buy off the shelf as it's full of sugar.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
dude im a 14 yr old c student
what can u expect i dont know this shit yet

...which is why it's dangerous to go on an extreme diet at your age. ;)

Sauteeing them with fresh herbs and olive oil is not a bad idea either. Try carrots with either olive oil or a mix of butter and olive oil (for more flavor), with a bit of fresh crushed garlic, some rosemary, a pinch of salt and some fresh ground black pepper, sauteed until tender (alternately, steam them first and then sautee for a few minutes for flavor. It's a pretty awesome side dish. Works well with fresh asparagus too. :yesway:

Rusty_cooley702

Reaction score
...which is why it's dangerous to go on an extreme diet at your age. ;)

Sauteeing them with fresh herbs and olive oil is not a bad idea either. Try carrots with either olive oil or a mix of butter and olive oil (for more flavor), with a bit of fresh crushed garlic, some rosemary, a pinch of salt and some fresh ground black pepper, sauteed until tender (alternately, steam them first and then sautee for a few minutes for flavor. It's a pretty awesome side dish. Works well with fresh asparagus too. :yesway:

whoa dude u seem to know a lot about this shit dude thanks

If you starve yourself, then your metabolic rate will go into starvation mode. When you then stop dieting like that, you'll put the weight straight back on as your body prepares for the next famine.

Also, more muscle burns more energy. SO I'd basically have breakfast, lunch, dinner. Don't eat junk food, don't eat stuff that is fatty, just have homemade meals. Eat brown rice and pasta, and avoid processed wheats like white bread (and some brown ones which are just white bread made brown) eat lean meat for protein, vegetables vegetables vegetables.

Also learn to cook. You'd surprised at how great food tastes that you've made from scratch, and it's relaxing to do.

Then, just do excercise, running etc to burn energy, and do some light weights to build muscle. At 14 you are endangering your skeleton which is still growing if you lift stuff that is too heavy so be carefull. Then take up a sport that you like :)

Basically if you are going to excercise, then you need to eat. If you eat the recommended calories a day over 3 meals, and excercise , drink water, then you'll end up being the weight you want, and you'll end up staying that way as well, instead of crash dieting which will just mean your body puts on weight when you stop. Also remember that muscle is heavier than fat, so it's best to measure weight loss.

And I went out with someone who'd done the no eating thing, and it had basically permanently damaged her metabolism.

thanks dude
does breakfest still count if I wake up at around 11 because thats the time i wake up

Another fact:

People who don't eat breakfast are on the whole fatter.

Having breakdfast kicks your metabolism in, starts it burning energy, and gives you energy to keep going, so have it, even if it is a bowl of fibre cereal (no sugar, skimmed milk. I always had skimmed milk as a kid, and full fat was just too much to drink).

Don't worry too much about weight now, just get into the habit of excercising, cooking your own food, not eating junk food or any of the crap you'll find at the mall, not drinking soft drinks loaded with sugar.

Basically kool aid is loaded wiith sugar. Get rid of it. Orange juice is good, but get the freshly squeezed stuff so you get the pulp as well. Don't buy off the shelf as it's full of sugar.

well i used to eat a lot of sugar and i barely drank water i used to mostly drink kool aid and shit like that

greg

Reaction score
well i used to eat a lot of sugar and i barely drank water i used to mostly drink kool aid and shit like that

Sugar in kool aid or sodas isn't a particularly good form of carbohydrates, you should just drink water. Plus, if your body is getting enough water it retains less water which could help you lose a few pounds.

does breakfest still count if I wake up at around 11 because thats the time i wake up

Yes. Even if you just eat a little bit it will kickstart your metabolism and you'll have more energy throughout the day.

i want to lose weight fast but im only 14 and i cant take those metabolo pills yet

Running is fantastic exercise. Go run until you can't possibly run anymore, rest, and then run some more. And drink lots of water. It doesn't matter how much you hate running, if you really want to lose weight I can't think of a better way except maybe swimming.

But yeah dude, you should also eat 4-5 balanced small meals a day

Rusty_cooley702

Reaction score
Sugar in kool aid or sodas isn't a particularly good form of carbohydrates, you should just drink water. Plus, if your body is getting enough water it retains less water which could help you lose a few pounds.

Yes. Even if you just eat a little bit it will kickstart your metabolism and you'll have more energy throughout the day.

Running is fantastic exercise. Go run until you can't possibly run anymore, rest, and then run some more. And drink lots of water. It doesn't matter how much you hate running, if you really want to lose weight I can't think of a better way except maybe swimming.

But yeah dude, you should also eat 4-5 balanced small meals a day

thanks for the advice man
BTW i love running i just cant do it very well
:)

greg

Reaction score
BTW i love running i just cant do it very well
:)

Neither could I at first, but cardio is something you can do every day and it gets easy really really fast.

Good luck man!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:shrug: I love to cook. Like James said, it's relaxing. Also, chicks totally dig a guy who can cook. I eat both better and healthier than I would if I bought prepared food, and I have more and better sex, occasionally in the kitchen when we don't make it upstairs/to the living room. What's not to love? :D

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
What would you guys recommend for a beginners weight set? I'd go to a gym, but I'm a misanthrope.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
2307.jpg

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
Iunno about those Bowflex dumbbells. They feel very cheap, and they only go up to about 50lbs each max (which might not be a bad thing for beginners). However, regardless of weight, the general size would be the same - which could hinder the range of motion for some exercises. Plus, they're pretty expensive.

Just go to the gym ;).

Just my thoughts.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You don't have to talk to anybody at the gym. That's why iPods were invented. ;)

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
But the very fact they're there annoys me. Exercising in the comfort of my own home is more my style.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Dude, I've seen a picture of you. That isn't anything! :squint:

Meh times 2

Its the inside that counts ... and me has no power anymore...

Man.. when i was... 15 I bet i had 4 times more energy than now...

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
If you're going to cut down on your food intake *and* try to keep your metabolism going hard enough for a decent amount of energy - so that you actually lose weight, and don't shut down and hoard everything you eat because your body thinks the world has just ended and it needs to preserve every crumb it gets - eat smaller meals throughout the day instead of one big one. I've tried cutting meals because I take too many classes and don't have time, and all it's done is give me a bitching case of acid reflux. Make sure you have enough protein and calcium, take vitamins if you have to (this is not the time to be skimping on food by any stretch, if you must do this then make sure you're getting only the reduced-weight part and not the reduced-essential-things-for-living part), and plan meals the right way.

Force breakfast down any way you have to, and if you want to start working caffeine into your system it'll both be a mild appetite suppressant (so have it *after* breakfast) and speed your system up more - plus, it's good to know how to make and enjoy good coffee before winding up in college and having nothing better than the powdered stuff - but do not skip breakfast because your body will start thinking it has to shut down and preserve energy.

Have one snack-like thing before you hit lunch - granola or trail mix would be good. Enough to not feel hungry, not so much that you feel full. Have another small one after lunch and before dinner, so that you can cut down on how much you're eating all three times and still have your system going.

For dinner, if you're going to exercise, have something like a bowl of pasta. The energy will help you work out better and you'll be able to stop when your muscles are done - not when you've run out of fuel completely. If not, have a salad and something with enough weight to keep your stomach quiet.

You're just going to wreck yourself if you have any fewer than three meals a day, and 14 is not a good time to be doing that - at 24 you don't need to worry about growing up without health problems and even then it's a bad idea.

Jeff

')