Where is YOUR noise suppressor?

• Thread starter Varkatzas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Varkatzas

Reaction score
Beginning of chain? end?

Before or after your boost?

It's a super common question, and I am curious where you guy's have it.

I have mine before my TS9 because it seems to give my TS a little more "sensitive" of an effect, if that makes any sense haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

helly

Professional doofus.
Reaction score
My Decimator IS my chain. Guitar -> Planet Waves -> ISP Decimator Pedal -> Planet Waves -> 5150 -> Mesa 4x12

Simplest, heaviest damn setup ever.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
Guitar -> modded TS7 -> VHT Deliverance 60 -> cab w/ P50Es

OR

Guitar -> Engl Savage 120 -> Ampeg cab with CL80s and WGS British Leads.

No noise gate/suppressor for me.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
guitar -> tuner -> TS -> ISP -> amp.

but it sounds interesting that your TS is mroe sensitive with the noisegate in front...i have to try that!

Varkatzas

Reaction score
guitar -> tuner -> TS -> ISP -> amp.

but it sounds interesting that your TS is mroe sensitive with the noisegate in front...i have to try that!
Yup seems like the TS' knobs have more umph and drive if its after the NS-2. When the NS-2 is after, it seems like it kills some of what the TS is supposed to be doing.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
In my Vetta or M13 or Spider Valve. :D

Usually, I run it in the beginning of the chain, and in some rare occasions, I add a second one after the preamp for an extremely gated effect a la Dimebag crunch.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Yup seems like the TS' knobs have more umph and drive if its after the NS-2. When the NS-2 is after, it seems like it kills some of what the TS is supposed to be doing.

yeah, with the NS-2 i noticed that too back then (thats why i swapped to ISP).

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Soon my 'Chain' will look like this:

Guitar > BOSS DD-3 > Morley Pro Series Wah > BOSS NS-2 > Randall RM100 > Rivera Knucklehead K412T

If anyone has any suggestions for a revision of that chain, let me know :wavey:

:wub:

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Dude, insert the delay in the RM100's loop. I'd use something along the lines of:
Guitar -> Morley -> NS2 -> RM100 In -> DD3 -> RM100 return

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Mine goes - Overdrives, Hush IICX Channel 1, Trem, Compressor, WMD Geiger Counter, Preamps, Hush IICX Channel 2, then post distortion FX.

I like the pre-gain gate to kill the noise produced by overdrive pedals. The post-gain gate just keeps everything totally silent, it's nice not to have excess preamp noise hitting a delay. Everything is racked and switched via an RJM Effects Gizmo so not in the chain if not needed. It's a quiet rig so the gates aren't essential but I'll generally have them on just to kill the hiss :shrug:

Incidentally, the stock IICX will kill some treble, especially post-gain, but there's an internal trim pot on each channel that can raise the filter bandwidth above the harmonic content. Makes it very transparent ;)

cow 7 sig

AU director / RHLC ©
Reaction score
guit-isp deci-zw44-ns2-T2. i tried the bulbasors trick with 2 NS's and it works very well for me.but before that it was guit-zw44-isp-T2:yesway:

minusthemonkey

Reaction score
Guitar -> Tuner -> Decimator G String -> Morely Wah -> Savage 120 -> loop out -> Decimator G String -> TC Nova Delay -> loop in

I like the using x-pattern. Little more djent for my buck.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mine will be in my PODX3 Pro.

When I buy it. :(

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
For cleans and mild overdrive I use the gate in my GMaj2 which is in the loop of my Mesa. All my sounds are programmed in presets so the grittier the overdrive, the harder the gate. Then on my main distortion channel I have a NS2 infront of the preamp, but after my pedals. The OD and comp are quite noisey so the NS2 kills most of the hiss, and then the GMaj2 gate cleans up any noise from the preamp. 100 watts, full volume, silent rig :D

')