Where is YOUR noise suppressor?

• Thread starter Varkatzas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

boltzthrower

Reaction score
I just sold my ISP Pro Rack G and went back to using just the single stage pedal version. Reasons being, the second channel on the Pro Rack didn't help enough to justify it's existence, and the main reason is so I can shut it off while I play. I got tired of the additional compression that it adds to my tone, espicially on the clean channel, so now I just turn it on for stops and between songs. If only it were midi programmable though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
Agile Interceptor 727-->Peavey 6505+
| fx loop send-->MxR 10band Eq-->MxR SmartGate--> fx loop return|
:yesway:

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
Guitar->LU-20->GT-OD->6505+input->Send->SMARTGATE->BBE->Stereo Chorus->Carbon Copy->Return

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
Guitar->LU-20->GT-OD->6505+input->Send->SMARTGATE->BBE->Stereo Chorus->Carbon Copy->Return
I love the smart gate! how do you feel about it?
also have to tried using it at the end of the fxchain in the loop?

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
I love the smart gate! how do you feel about it?
also have to tried using it at the end of the fxchain in the loop?

I don't use it at the end because it cuts some feedback of the delay, but it doesn't suck tone as the NS-2 (i haven't tried the decimator yet) and it's very transparent and it can be very accurate with the frequency of noise to cut.

i really like it.

here it is with hes brothers :lol:

Mi%20setup%20007.JPG

:wavey:

Vigil87420

Reaction score
guitar -> peterson stroborack tuner -> decimator prorack g -> maxon OD808 -> 6505+ -> vader 4x12"

loop send -> decimator prorack g -> sonic maximizer 482i -> loop return

biggness

Contributor
Reaction score
muzzle-ad-jessica-alba.jpg

This is mine, though it sucks for getting rid of the hum...

For real though, I use the gate in my Axe-Fx. Works wonders. :yesway:

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
I don't use it at the end because it cuts some feedback of the delay, but it doesn't suck tone as the NS-2 (i haven't tried the decimator yet) and it's very transparent and it can be very accurate with the frequency of noise to cut.

i really like it.

here it is with hes brothers :lol:

Mi%20setup%20007.JPG

:wavey:
Ooooooo I want a DCBRICK... / make my own pedal board..... Nice!

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Guitar>ISP>Diezel Herbert in>Loop out>ISP>G System>Loop In>Diezel 412R

Nialzzz

The Perseus Veil
Reaction score
I run two noise gates now.
Signal chain is. Guitar>Boss NS-2>Ibanez TS9>Diezel Herbert>(switchable loop)Pod X3 Pro>(Tuner out)Korg DTR2000>(Serial loop)ISP Decimator>(parallel out)BBE Sonic Maximiser 428i>THD Hotplate 8Ohm>Diezel FR4x12.

I run the boss afte the guitar to kill the initial source into the mix. It makes the amp so punchy. I keep the threshold really high and the decay really fast.

The pod has it's own noise gate, but I run it in the switchable loop so most of the time it's bypassed.

I run the decimator in the serial so it cleans out anything after the power section.

If you know anything about Diezel, when running at gig volume they hummmmmmmmmmmmm. This is the only way I can nullify it.

Echo

Reaction score
Guitar < NS2 < MT2 < Delay < Stereo chorus < Line to each amp. I have found that the noise gate first works best for me. At the end of the chain it would cut off the delay effect.

')