Where is YOUR noise suppressor?

• Thread starter Varkatzas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

omgmjgg

WTFCAKES
Reaction score
when i used mine it was guitar -> isp -> ts9-> mesa rec

but now that I've re eq'd my amp for my 8 i don't even use any of my pedals

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

a_hub10

NANNIE DOSS!
Reaction score
When recording i run my isp through the front of my amp and my co-guitarist's isp through the loop. That way i cut out all feedback and amp noise.

troyguitar

Reaction score
The fan on my amp makes more noise than the amp itself, even at band volume with a DigiTech Hardwire OD on as a boost. No noise gates necessary here

Collapse

Reaction score
I run my ISP at the end of my board, works great for me
008-1.jpg

Rhoadkiller

Reaction score
The way i do it is
Guitar>Ibanez ts9>engl e530 then in the Engl Effects loop I'm running and Mxr 10 band Eq and then my ns2. Should i run the ns2 in front of the amp or is it ok in the effects loop? am I loosing any tonal qualities running the ns2 in the effects loop?
Please do enlighten me with suggestions.

Auyard

Reaction score
The way i do it is
Guitar>Ibanez ts9>engl e530 then in the Engl Effects loop I'm running and Mxr 10 band Eq and then my ns2. Should i run the ns2 in front of the amp or is it ok in the effects loop? am I loosing any tonal qualities running the ns2 in the effects loop?
Please do enlighten me with suggestions.

I run the exact same setup up except through a 6505. It's the best sound I can get, I've tried the X and everything else but that configuration seems to work best.

Underworld

Reaction score
for my part :

Guitar --> ISP decimator --> Bloody Murder --> amp --> G-major with slight noise gate activated on overdriven presets

That way my ISP is only used to cut feedbacks from my guitar. I still have to try the Decimator in the effect loop but I'm not sure it will sound as good as my current setup.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't use any pedals to boost my amp so basically:

Guitar->Wireless->MXR Smart Gate pedal->TriAxis->Rocktron Guitar Silencer->Furman PQ4->t.c. G-Force->Poweramp.

I use noise gates the same way Dino does. One pre-preamp to kill feedback, and one post-preamp to kill the amp's hiss from running super high gain settings.

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
usually guitar - tuner - preamp - equalizer - gate - poweramp

but used to guitar - tuner - preamp (gate in loop) - eq - poweramp

Nats

Reaction score
it's the last of my pedals

guitar->modded ts7->chorus->delay->trem->ns2

avenger

Reaction score
I used to run a Boss NS-2 in front of the amp, but now I run a 4 cable method as I don't have any effects. Goes like:

Guitar > tuner > NS2 in > NS2 send > 6505 in > 6505 send > NS2 return > NS2 out > 6505 return > Marshall 1960

It cuts noise before AND after the preamp, making it effectively silent like the clean channel would be when I'm not playing. I love it.

The only other pedal I run is a tuner
Damn that is awesome, I am gonna try an NS-2 like that and see if the hiss drops so I can hear more of the crunch.

:hbang:

jam3v

wat
Reaction score
I stopped using a noise suppressor recently (don't need it anymore), but when I was using it, the chain looked like this:

Guitar->Wah->NS2->Amp

my TS9 was in the NS2's loop. If you read the manual I believe it tells you to put "distortion effects" in its loop.

Worked best that way for me.

coldandhomeless

Reaction score
wow some of u ppl have strange setups... if u have the supressor at the beginning, it will kill your sustain, if you put it at the end, it will cut off your delay repeats and reverb... if you have an amp with 2 loops, one serial, and one paralell, like my carvin v3... i put the supressor in the serial loop by itself, and just assign the loop to the distortion channels. nobody wants the noise killer on a clean channel... if u have a clean boost or a compressor put it b4 the supressor, or clean boost>ts9>supressor> modulation>time based effx... tell me exactly what u have and i can help... teehee

Tapew0rm

Reaction score
Guitar->TU-2->NS-2->modded TS9->6505+
NS-2 is in the loop too, using the 4 cable 'X' design. This works incredibly well. It's like having 2 suppressors in one box.

For the uninitiated:

ns2.gif

Reaction score
Guitar -> modded TS7 -> VHT Deliverance 60 -> cab w/ P50Es

OR

Guitar -> Engl Savage 120 -> Ampeg cab with CL80s and WGS British Leads.

No noise gate/suppressor for me.

Does the ENGL savage have one of those built in noise gates with the knob on the back of the amp?

Luafcm

Reaction score
Guitar->TU-2->NS-2->modded TS9->6505+
NS-2 is in the loop too, using the 4 cable 'X' design. This works incredibly well. It's like having 2 suppressors in one box.

For the uninitiated:

ns2.gif

I'm with tape worm on this. What an awesome setup if this works for you! (luckily it works perfect for me!)

Here it be:
RigDec2009.jpg

cronux

Reaction score
guitar->wah->ns2->head input

and i run an fx loop with a boss chorus and a behringer pitch shifter...

works awsome :)

')