Where should I purchase My C-7 Blackjack From?

• Thread starter SGB
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I'm new here but I have decided to purchase a Schecter C-7 Blackjack. I had a Ibanez RG 7620 before and got rid of it because of the trem. I'm really looking forward to having another 7-string in the arsenal. Where should I purchase it from? Drum City? Do the have free shipping? Muscicians Friend (Free Shipping), AMS (Free Shipping & Easy pay option) out of stock until the end of the month.:mad: What do you guys think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
One of these 2 places...
DCGL
Eric's Guitars (link can be found on this site)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
AMS, that's where I got mine. Setup perfectly out of the box, $199/month option was ideal.

DCGL does not offer free shipping, but they will set it up to your specs and include some free goodies.

behemoth

Reaction score
zimbloth said:
AMS, that's where I got mine. Setup perfectly out of the box, $199/month option was ideal.

DCGL does not offer free shipping, but they will set it up to your specs and include some free goodies.
I bought in drumcity guiatrland. The shipping isn´t free, but they will set it up to your specs and include some free goodies.

P.D: I´ll say don´t buy a Schecter if you don´t like thick necks.
:squint:

dav2321

Reaction score
I'm probably selling mine :cool: pm me if your interested....

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
DCGL. I don't think Eric carries Schecter, does he?

j7899

Reaction score
DCGL is good to deal with and with shipping it comes to the same or less than MF or AMS, and setup to your specs too.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
DCGL. Amazing people working there, Jason was a complete pleasure to deal with.

But, make sure if you give your address over the phone, he gets it right. I had to go pick mine up at FedEx because it was labeled at Presswood, not Crestwood. :lol:

SGB

Reaction score
I ended up ordering form Musicians Friend. Free shipping and hassle free returns. I have no idea if I will like it or not because I couldn't try it out locally. The neck worries me because I have small hands. If the Blackjack doesn't due it fom me I'll probably get a used RG7621.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered mine from MusiciansFriend as well. I like them and never have any problems with them.

By the way... can I ask something... if you don't like the thick neck can't you just take it to a luthier and have it sanded down a bit and repainted? It shouldn't cost all that much.

Rev.

Sentient

Metal Dog
Contributor
Reaction score
SGB said:
I have no idea if I will like it or not because I couldn't try it out locally. The neck worries me because I have small hands. If the Blackjack doesn't due it fom me I'll probably get a used RG7621.
<-Small hands here, and I love my Blackjack. I was playing a used RG7621, but sold it to buy the Blackjack. Both are truly excellent guitars, but I've found more personal pleasure & enjoyment with the Schecter. The difference between the two necks (thickness) was a complete non-issue to me, and I found myself wondering where in the world the whole "baseball bat" reference came from, regarding the Schecter. For me, the 26.5" scale length difference was more noticeable than the neck thickness, as I found myself needing to stretch just ever so slightly further on a few positions & things that I play, that I hadn't been doing on a 25.5" scale before. But 'twas a minimal amount, and something that me & my little hands have adapted to comfortably.

SGB

Reaction score
Well I ordered from MF and I got it Tuesday. I really like it so far! The neck isn't that bad! The one think that I HATE is the 10 guage strings on it! I also ordered some Planet Waves Auto Trim tuners that were back ordered for a few days so I'm just waiting for those so I can change to 9's. Planet Waves said that they would send me the extra tuner that I will need free of charge so I decided to go with those over Schallers. The Grovers on the Blackjack are fantastic but not locking! I HATE changing strings on guitars with standard tuners! I always have.:wallbash:

P.S. One other bad thing! I have to completely redial my XXX to accomodate the tone change between the Blackjack and my Custom Ibanez 6 string.

Latest posts

')