Where to find a minimalistic black Les Paul-type guitar?

• Thread starter Vamo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mol0tov

Reaction score
how 'bout the LTD Stealth. Although they don't make them anymore, so you'd have to keep an eye on ebay.

Specs -
Set neck
24.75" scale
Carved mahogany body
Mahogany neck
Ebony fingerboard
13.77" (350 mm) fingerboard radius
Locking nut
1.65" (42mm) neck width
Thin U-neck contour
24 extra jumbo frets
Black nickel hardware
ESP locking tuners
TonePros locking Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
EMG-81 (B) / EMG-60 (N) active humbuckers
Volume/Volume/Tone controls with a 3-way toggle

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Underworld

Reaction score
The PRS SE Singlecut can be had for cheap, and is quite minimalistic.

Here's mine :

IMG230_zps7537c8df.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The 2014 Schecter ATXs seem to have blank boards. If they're available in black, they'd probably fit the bill.

Schecter%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20PROTOTYPE%20ATX%20Solo-6%20Vampire%20Red%20Satin%202014%206-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
You could hunt this.....sorry for the giant pic, it's the only one I have. This was a limited run for MF a few years back. Great guitar...EMGs, locking tuners and bridge, almot blank board. Loved it...it's called an LTD EC1000 Stealth. If you hunt you can find one.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
You could hunt this.....sorry for the giant pic, it's the only one I have. This was a limited run for MF a few years back. Great guitar...EMGs, locking tuners and bridge, almot blank board. Loved it...it's called an LTD EC1000 Stealth. If you hunt you can find one.

There's also the EC-500S, which is almost exactly like the EC-1000S, just with 2 controls, different switch placement, and different headstock logo. They're both going to be on-par in quality, though.

EC-500.jpg

EDIT: There's also a few of them that look like the EC-1000S.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
^Dafuq were they thinking with the headstock?

NobindingnobindingnobindingnobindingFUCKYOUHEADSTOCKBINDING

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
^It used to bother me to see Gibsons with everything but the headstock bound. I had no idea how much worse the opposite could be.

Mr Richard

Reaction score

I know eh? Honestly for the price tag they could have ATLEAST put some damn binding on the body and done something fun with the headstock logo/emblem (purple maybe?)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
A LPC like that (without the muffed-up headstock) would be really cool. Remove the 'stock binding, keep the inlay and make it black pearl or something, change the hardware to black, and then we'd talk.

EDIT: Had to do some stuff in photoshop, but I guess this is a decent way to show what I'm talking about.

Screenshot_2.jpg

So, pretty much a "Les Paul Studio Gothic", but with a thicker body and headstock inlay. :lol:

EDIT2: Actually, now that I think about it, maybe OP can find a Les Paul Gothic?
DV016_Jpg_Large_H70365.001_satin_ebony.jpg

Mr Richard

Reaction score
A LPC like that (without the muffed-up headstock) would be really cool. Remove the 'stock binding, keep the inlay and make it black pearl or something, change the hardware to black, and then we'd talk.

This guy right here, this guy knows the score.

potatohead

Reaction score
Call me weird but I think singlecuts look much better with body binding. I don't like neck or headstock binding though.

Vamo

Reaction score
+1 for Chapman guitars. i hear amazing things about them and they are pretty cheap
ML-2 | Chapman Guitars

Never heard of them. But they look interesting. And they are from the UK and not somewhat US exclusive like other brands (Agile, Carvin). So thats good :agreed:

Really looks weird. Otherwise perfect. But I thought it was somekind of Studio prototype, before I saw the nearly 5k pricetag.

I know eh? Honestly for the price tag they could have ATLEAST put some damn binding on the body and done something fun with the headstock logo/emblem (purple maybe?)

:agreed:

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe OP can find a Les Paul Gothic?

I'm looking for Gothic and Gothic Morte models. Didn't know them before :)
I knew it was a good idea to ask for advice here :wavey:

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Looks like everyone has this covered so I'm going to veer slightly off topic and say that if there is one thing I want in life it is an H-S-S Les Paul.

')