Where to get Ibanez 7 string headstock decals these days?

• Thread starter 7deadlysins666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There used to be quite a few places you could order them, but seem they've all vanished. Preferably looking for a vinyl one so I can get either light blue or teal. Contacted a few places that offer 6 string versions but no dice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I googled Five Alarm Guitars and clicked on the Decals shortcut.
Screenshot_20240203_000010_Chrome.jpg

I honestly thought they had more options there, maybe there's another source I had looked at before. Have you tried ebay?

Reaction score
I googled Five Alarm Guitars and clicked on the Decals shortcut.

I honestly thought they had more options there, maybe there's another source I had looked at before. Have you tried ebay?

Yeah, looking like Five Alarm used to offer them but hid the page. I have looked on eBay. Found a couple of sites that have them but they only offer black and white waterslide. I reached out to them with no reply. There's a thread I found here from 2007 that says best-decals.com, which no longer exists. I find it pretty shocking that no one is doing 7 string decals these days. It bothers me that nothing on the headstock of my RG7421pb matches the body. :lol: I didn't think i'd have this much trouble finding a blue/teal one to put on there.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's weird those sources dried. I feel like it wasn't long ago I had seen at least a couple sources for them.

Have you reached out to Five Alarm to see if they can still sell you a 7 string version?

Reaction score
That's weird those sources dried. I feel like it wasn't long ago I had seen at least a couple sources for them.

Have you reached out to Five Alarm to see if they can still sell you a 7 string version?
I did, Five Alarm no longer offers headstock decals. Might just be outta luck here. Seems like Ibanez has been cracking down on them because trademark concerns.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe this one will do you one to your design.

Reaction score
@7deadlysins666 I don't have a guitar in front of me, but do you know how long the logo is?

I found this on ebay but I'm not sure that's the right size.

I already contacted them, 5.5" isn't quite long enough for the 7 string version and they don't make one for a 7. I don't remember off the top of my head, I can measure again later. Pretty sure the text is the same as a 6, just the swoosh is longer.

I did find one source in the Netherlands but shipping is like $30. It's waterslide too (I'd prefer vinyl) but they're able to print in any color. Looking like the only option.