Where to get strings for an 8 string.

• Thread starter cyberwaste6996
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
I hope he's actually tested the strings on those models instead of guessing. I would hate to get a set, take my old strings off, and then the new ones barely reach the tuners on my reverse headstock Septor.

I don't know why he hasn't changed it but LaBellas are 46inches long so if you can't get them to fit then there's a problem.... :cool:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yen

Reaction score
I'm using a d'addario .80 on my 30" reverse headstock blackmachine and its just the right length to get to the tuner, locking tuners help as you don't have to wind

Brutus

Reaction score
Is there any store in Canada that sell strings for an 8 string guitar? because the shipping price are hallucinating, it's like 40$ just for the shipping :S

Chronograph

Reaction score
I use a 10-56 Elixir 7-string set and a 0.80 Warwick's bass string for my Oni. Before that, I was playing LaBella's 15-80 set.

Contrary to Patrick's experience, I've found a good bass string sounding natural and tight. Yes, it feels differennt compared to a guitar string but the difference plays in favor of the bass string IMO. Not really happy with LaBellas.

Forgot to say. Tuning is E-B-E-A-D-G-B-E. Multiscale 26.5 - 29.2.

RingoStarr

Reaction score
Hey right now I have my Schecter Damien Elite 8 tuned AEADGBEA and I am getting another one for lower tunings. I want the new one in drop E (EBEADGBE). What string guage should I use on the low E string I want it pretty tight not all floppy :(. Btw I think the scale length is 26 inch.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
i bought 3 sets of 10-52 and 2x .64 and 2x .72 and with the shipping and taxes it cost me 51$
So you spent $51 for 3 sets of strings....:nuts: you could've just bought 3 sets of LaBella HRS-73 & 3 separate 72's and saved a fortune.

davidengel

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is what I use if you want help.

www.nakedstrings.com

What I do is order the 7 string sets, starting at .013 gauge. This way when I buy the single strings I don't have to pay extra for the heavy string. Go though whatever sizes you want, I use 13, 17, 24, 36, 46, 56, and 70 (I know some people prefer heavier strings, especially for the low F#, but so far I've had no problems with a 70 on my 27" LTD.) I bought 20 packs of these strings, and after shipping it cost me $81.99.

The next step I did was go to Buy D'Addario PL010-5 Strings | Singles | Musician's Friend

I order 4 of these (so I have 20) and the total cost comes up to $13.16.

81.99 + 13.16 = $95.15

95.15/20 = $4.76 per pack

:cool:Hell of a lot cheaper than nearly $10 per set, hope I had helped at all.

Coalesce42

Reaction score
Hey right now I have my Schecter Damien Elite 8 tuned AEADGBEA and I am getting another one for lower tunings. I want the new one in drop E (EBEADGBE). What string guage should I use on the low E string I want it pretty tight not all floppy :(. Btw I think the scale length is 26 inch.

I have a Damien Elite 8 and I tune it to EADadgbe I use a bass 80 for the lowest E and I just the rest are a standard 7 string set. It works just fine. Before the stock lowest string was too flubby at low E but the 80 was perfect.

dnoel86

Reaction score
The F# that came stock on my schecter was a .74, and I found it way too floppy. I put an .80 from a d'addario short scale bass set on and it was alright, though.

JayLAw555

Reaction score
i think the biggest guitar string without turning custom is .75....... thats the one I personally use..... an 8 string guitar set does not exist on the market..... bass string have a different blend of materials which react different too guitar pickups... you can try on a guitar as an experiment, it will sound dead..... i wish i could remake this video :wallbash:

this one here has a .75 guitar string

Ernie Ball 8-String Slinky Electric Guitar Strings 10-74 and more Guitar Strings at GuitarCenter.com.
this one has a bloody bass string:(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD7i3UMLx-4

:noway: :nono: You're wrong. There are 8-string guitar sets here's the link check it out for yourself: Ernie Ball 8-String Slinky Electric Guitar Strings 10-74 and more Guitar Strings at GuitarCenter.com. and here they are on another site: Ernie Ball 8-STRING Slinky Electric Best Price Comparison Shopping: Lowest Prices, Consumer Ratings and Reviews of Ernie Ball 8-STRING Slinky Electric at Calibex

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You might want to work on the attitude and not bump old threads if you want to post here :yesway: The post you replied to was from 2009, and the strings you linked didn't exist when the post was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')