Where to order custom pickguards?

• Thread starter narad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has some recommendations on where to go for custom pickguards? I'm not talking anything really out of the ordinary in terms of design, just basic strat pickguards. I think the catch is the thickness and the materials. Like ideally I'd like to order this in HSS/SSS:

vstv6nqq95jfkzeektrp.jpg

Pretty typical 8-hole with a floyd route. Not sure what the material is but I played that exact guitar and it had a cool soft matte texture.

And something like this, typical 8-hole with floyd route, but in polished brass like:

images

Just curious if anyone has some pointers. Pickguards are kind of funny because the heavily machined ones are like $12, so the thought of paying $120 or $240 just seems hard to swallow. I think the last time I had ESP make just a simple black guard for me, but slightly custom shape, it may have been in the $200-300 range. I was a little shocked, but yea, has me wondering if I can't do better somewhere else, but has me in limbo not making any progress on these two projects for weeks/months.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Werecow

Reaction score
There are these guys in the UK

I've not used them, but had a friend who was pleased with his. Tons of materials and shapes, and even let you send in your own material for them to machine.

They have "Anodised Black Aluminium" a bit down the page https://tinytone.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/06-black-anodised-scratchplate.jpg , which looks sorta like what you want, but i guess won't feel "soft" if the one you played was plastic or something?

"Everything we make is personalised, so our scratchplates are priced according to how complex they are to make, e.g. how many flush edges, size, and materials. In general, a custom scratchplate will cost between £30-60 plus shipping."

')