Where would i pick up a broken guitar for restoration project

dave11

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to this site so sorry if in wrong section. I am looking at getting a guitar that would need work doing to it. i.e. new paint job, new pick ups etc etc,

Apart from the likes of ebay, is there a good site where I could buy one? (Must be in the UK).

Any make, condition considered and must be cheap as possible.

Would anyone on here maybe selling 1?

Cheers all

Dave :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
you limeys got a craiglist?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pawn shops can be good, same with thrift/second hand/consignment shops. Also, go to guitar shops and ask if anything suspect is available, especially shops with in-house repairs.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
you limeys got a craiglist?

Yes, sort of... No-one uses it though yet. My local city has a craiglist. I just checked and there were literally '0' items listed under musical instruments.

We don't really have independent pawn shops either anymore, there are a couple of chains but most of the branches are comparable to ebay, they won't stock anything that isn't immediately saleable.

Gumtree (as Mprinsje said)or freecycle are similar to craiglist and might yield better results in the UK, but searching for 'repairs' on eBay is how I'd go about it.

')